Helppp! Me

“it was almost gone” which means it did not show up on the dipstick? its always funny to hear someone say the fluid was completely gone? when they meant to say it was 1-2 quarts low. how much did your dad put in? 1 qt? 2 qts? more?

I agree to have the pan dropped, new filter put in, fresh ATF-4 (or whatever is correct according to Chrysler) if you are keeping it, especially if you don’t know when/if it’s been done before, and if the correct fluid was added just now. With the pan off, it can be inspected for debris in the pan or other indicators of the overall health of the transmission.

One possible leaking point is where the hoses from the transmission connect to the radiator.

I think the OP meant there was not much fluid showing on the dipstick.

Good for you OP for getting your transmission shifting well again.

I’ve evolved the belief that perhaps the majority of people think dipsticks tell them how much fluid is left rather than when to add some. When someone says “it was empty” they usually seem to be saying that there was no fluid on the dipstick, whether it’s oil or tranny fluid.

I just this moment developed this theory. Feedback is welcomed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What percentage of drivers think the oil pressure warning light is supposed to go on when you need to add oil?

I don’t know what the exact percentage of people with either of the above misconceptions is. But I would bet it is only slightly lower than the percentage of people that have never opened their owners manual.

1 Like

Oh Lordy! That would make it in the MILLIONS AND MILLIONS!!! :scream_cat: