Help! My car is possessed!

I have a Ford Focus that is out of control. The gauges phase, a loud clicking noise can be heard from the dashboard, and the radio resets itself while driving! There is also a lurching that takes place with the engine; feels like it wants to go forward, but hesitates. Normally, when I get into the driveway and shut the car off, the radio resets itself and the car will not be able to start for another 15-25 minutes. The alternator has been checked and the battery-no problems! I’m thinking it’s a power relay, a problem with grounding or something else electrical. Can anyone give me any ideas? This has been happening intermittently for the past 3-years and no one-not even Ford-has been able to locate the problem.

Has the battery cables been cleaned? Has the fuse box been checked for corrosion? Has this car been in a flooded area at any time?

Electrical problems like this are very hard to track down, very time consuming, and may even be futile if the car was flooded at any time in it’s past.

The cables were checked again this weekend. The fuse box was also checked out-nothing appeared out of the ordinary. As far as I know, the car has no history of being flooded or been in a flooded area. I’ve had it for the past 3 1/2 years and the problem has been intermittent up until now.

How many keys on your key ring? Try only 1 key and see if it makes a difference.

It’s been 5 years since Katrina. Any chance of this being a Katrina car? Or Wilma? What model year is it?

1. Not a Katrina car as far as I know.

I only have the one key on the key ring.