Help me figure out a car I saw

^
…and that “recoverable” front bumper assembly had a nasty habit of not coming back out after an impact of even modest force. That problem, and the folks who were trapped inside when the gullwing doors failed to open, essentially helped to doom the marque.

After his SV-1, Malcolm Bricklin did the US auto industry another favor by importing thousands of Yugos.

@jtsanders the gumpert apollo is looking close, but a little too fancy along with the Gumpert tag on back. Maybe it was a kit car. maybe a modified corvette z06, no emblem on back, not a barracuda type back window, and was lower and wider with a little more definiton of fender curves front and rear, but the sides were straight. Do not recall the middle brake light, hope I see it again, I’ll roll down my window and ask!

Sure it wasn’t the brand new Stingray?

No it was more oldschool than that, 2 exhaust pipes center if I recall correctly, and no bovious marking on the rear, lower and wider, thanks though.

Superlite Coupe?

http://superlitecars.com/superlite-coupe/

Close but no cigar, thanks

It doesn’t seem that it would have any more of a problem then a hatch. Once the struts failed, you then have to lift the door. Doing that and still getting yourself and your money belt out “would” be a problem; I can see that.

Where did you see it, Barky? Did it have normal license plates? There are some small Europeans sports car makers that have never gone through the expensive US certification process, but over the years people have found ways of getting them in. It used to be easier. However. not many of those are even as wide as a Corvette. European roads make the really big cars awkward. Pagani is the only one of those boutique makers that had a presence in the US, but you’d never compare a Zonda with a lowly Corvette. I’m suspecting it’s one of the US companies that sells heavily modified Corvettes (and Mustangs, even more common.) There are several and they are constantly going into and out of business. The front and rear ends are often restyled, along with fender flares and rocker panels. The doors and roofs are not messed with. The badges are, of course, replaced.

It was on the street next tome.I don’t recall anything uusual about the plates, Gotta think @MarkM has got the most probable solution.

Try googling “kit car images”. There are countless kit cars that resemble but are different than mass produced cars.

http://www.car-logos.org/

look and see if you see the badge on this site

@bscar2 thanks for the link, no winners, if I see it again will definitely snag a photo.

I think it was a Gillet! src