Help..Dodgedanger

Gotta 2005 Magnum with the 5.7 hemi…Its a great car, EXCEPT it stalls after fueling…sometimes right out in traffic…gotta put it in P to restart…must be some sort of sensor that causes this, because I dont overfill, or even let the pump shut itself off or it will happen…I’m afraid to sell this vehicle, or even let my wife drive it…If I accidentally fill 'er up, I have to sit and rev the engine for about 5 minutes, as it stalls several times before it will stay running…HELP with advice or knowledge of this problem…

Does it do the same thing if you only fill it 3/4 full?

No…just anywhere near the top…gotta put my ear near the tank when filling, and listen for the sound to change getting near full…

Just a guess, but perhaps OBVR (on-board vapor recovery) system has malfunctioned and is allowing raw gasoline to be drawn into the engine after re-fueling, flooding and stalling the engine. There will be a vacuum line into the intake manifold coming from this system. See if you can locate it. Then, the next time you fill up, disconnect the line and plug the port and see if that cures it. Leaving the vacuum line disconnected will cause the CEL to come on, but at least you will know where the problem is…

By Jove! Thanks Caddy! By the way, I’ve always thought about dropping this engine in a 59 Caddy…