Great Scott! Man gets a ticket after hitting 88 mph in his DeLorean!

This was one happy Back To The Future fan.
CSA :police_car:

Marty McFly:
“Wait a minute, Doc. Ah… Are you telling me that you built a time machine… out of a DeLorean?”

Dr. Emmett Brown:
“The way I see it, if you’re gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?”

Doc (Dr. Emmett Brown):
“If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour… you’re gonna see some serious sh#t.” :scream_cat:

Marty McFly:
___ “Hey, Doc. You’d better back up, we don’t have enough road to get up to 88.”_

Doc:
“Roads? Where we going we don’t need roads.”

CSA :smile:

If you’re going to get a ticket, at least that’s one to make for a good story to tell at cocktail parties … lol …

C’mon now… A DeLorean driver getting invited to cocktail parties??? I don’t think so.

Now an invitation to a Comic-Con, maybe… :wink:

Hmmm…getting a car with a relatively small Renault engine up to 88 mph?
I think that he should have gotten an award instead of a ticket!

:wink:

Yeah, the scene in the mall parking lot where he hits 88 is pretty amusing. That car would need a lot of help to go that fast inside of a parking lot. :wink:

Of course, now that I think about it, since the Doc is smart enough to install a time machine in the thing, and lots of other scenes show that he’s very mechanically inclined, it’s entirely feasible that he also did an engine swap.

Perhaps he visited O’Reilly Auto Parts and bought their last one of these…
http://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-capacitor.html
CSA :wink:

yeah, I always thought the only way to actually get a DeLorean up to 88mph was to push it off a cliff…

I saw a (nearly) stock Delorean in the flesh recently. 30-odd years on, that car is still futuristic looking and gathers a crowd.

supposedly DeLorean’s warehouse is still in Texas and still full of parts. For about $25,000 you can buy all the parts and pt together your own brand new DeLorean.
https://www.delorean.com/

Edit: Apparently the company is once again open for business, and will be building about 300 of these cars- and the cost will be more around $100,000- and have a v6 or v8 engine.

I wonder if a stainless steel DeLorean can be lifted into the shredder with one of those huge electro-magnets? If it is the same type of stainless steel my kitchen pots and pans are made of, a magnet won’t stick to it. Maybe that’s why some remain, no way to get them into the shredder … lol …

Getting one to move is like getting a date. You have to hook up first.