Good luck getting insurance coverage for your Hyundai or Kia

Because the manufacture made the cars as easy to steal as your 50 year old truck.

Pop the ignition tumbler out and stick a screwdriver or USB plug to turn the switch.

The technology has been around for 25+ years, Hyundai and KIA have used it up until about 2012 when they stopped using it, I’m guessing to save money.

I think 1986 Corvettes were the first to use something

Perhaps beating a dead horse, but not sure I’m understand what you are saying. Do you mean diligent-minded thieves wouldn’t have much trouble to break into car even if doors locked. Then could manipulate the ignition lock, which would unlock the steering wheel, and drive away. And pre-2012 this wouldn’t have been as easy to do?

Exactly right. MUCH easier to steal these HK cars.

1 Like

If they really want to steal your car there is not much you can do to stop it. they will just tow it away. I thought this was pretty cool…

Correct, They quit using keys with a micro-chip, which now makes the cars easy to steal.

The cars that use the push button start are not affected by this, just the ones that use a regular non chipped key.

1 Like

We’ve seen that here before. Crooks could use a lift truck like that, but they would need a lot of money to buy one and it would be easy to trace. They could steal it, but I’ve never seen one anywhere.

It would be interesting to see how the Luddites react to this fact.
:wink:

2 Likes

Yea - it’s a Neon. Who’d want to steal it? Sorry…couldn’t resist.

1 Like

Wow, that IS pretty cool. Picked it up and drove it away in less than 60 seconds. Very impressive.