G35 Clutch

I took my 2005 Infinit G35 in to the dealer last Saturday (7-24) to have the clutch looked at. It was feeling loose and wanted to stick half way up, instead of spring back all the way. They replaced the clutch master cylinder. Got it back Monday, the problem worse. They replaced the clutch slave cylinder. Got it back today, still…even worse! BUT, they say the clutch itself is fine. Thoughts, suggestions? Oh, the car has just under 60K miles. THANKS!

This sounds a whole lot like a failing throwout bearing to me. But before going there, I’d check out all the linkages and articulating joints from the pedal to the throwout bearing fork.

When you press the clutch pedal, the thrrowout bearing is slid forward on the tranny input shaft and forces radially arranged levers in the pressure plate assembly forward to allow the pressure plate to release its hold on the clutch plate. The throwout bearing accepts large axial loads (thrust loads) at the same time it’s spinning. They do wear out.

If I’m right, the fix is a clutch job.

But before going there, I’d check out all the linkages and articulating
joints from the pedal to the throwout bearing fork.

Yes definitely. Especially check the bushing for the shaft that goes through the bell housing down to the throwout bearing. Lubricate if necessary.

Let us know what it turns out to be.