Front end vibration

My 2002 Chevy Impala has a sever font end vibration that stops the minute you take your foot off the gas. We took it to a mechanic and he replaced a broken motor mount about 2 months ago that seemed to fix the problem for a month… now the vibration is back and seems worse. Any and all advice is appreciated.

If I recall correctly that vehicle was still a rear wheel drive. If he replaced one engine mount why did he not replace the other one. That could be the problem now, the other mount is broken.

How many miles are on the vehicle?

it has 151,000 miles on it… I honestly don’t think the issue is in the wheels or the tires or the tie rods etc. as the vibration stops immediately after you take your foot off the gas… would the drive train cause that?

Follow through with wizard’s advice. I suspect he is right.

I too would put my money on one of the other mounts (I don’t know how many this car has, but there should be both motor & transmission mounts).

If nothing comes up on checking the mounts I would go to the drive train - if it is still rear wheel, then a problem with the drive shaft. If it is front wheel drive, then a problem with one or more of the front axle joints.

The last RWD Impala was made in 1996.