Ford fivehundred oil change light

My wife took her company car in to jiffy lube for an oil change, but they didn’t reset the change oil light. How can I do this without her having to go back there?? Thanks - John

Look in your owners manual it tells you how to reset it.

My wife took her company car in to jiffy lube

Don’t let your wife do that.

Keep away from the quick change places.  We hear far too many horror stories about them.  Some may be fine, but many pay the help little, demand fast changes and that results in a high percentage of errors. Too many live by selling you something you don't need at inflated prices.  

Find a good local mechanic and stick with them for your needs.

Don't go to the quick lube places, even for directions. 

For resetting the light, start with the owner's manual or keep watching here, someone likely knows and respond.

The reset involves a certain sequence of the buttons on the right side of the center of the steering wheel. I have to look it up each time I do it on my wife’s 500. It’s not hard to do - only hard to remember the sequence. It’s like the wristwatch I have that I can’t figure out how to turn the alarm off, only I lost the instruction manual for the watch. It’s in the owner’s manual.

I’m glad to hear that someone else has to go back to the manual to turn off the oil change reminder light. On our Toyota 4Runner, I have to go to the manual every timne and read the instructions. Our mechanic usually forgets to do this. Wristwatches are even worse–I have fiddled for hours to change the date, turn off the alarm feature and so on. I still prefer my spring driven watch and having a sticker on the door jamb of the car with the record of the last oil change.