Change Oil Light

Just changed my oil about two weeks ago at walmart. My oil light still comes on everytime I start the car. The filter was changed as well so I’m a little confused as to why my lights coming on still.

The oil change reminder light can be turned off by, turning the ignition switch to the run position so the dash lights come on, and then step on the accelerator down to the floor three times rapidly.

Tester

As Tester said - the instructions should be in your owner’s manual.

Don’t attribute too much intelligence to those lights. The car doesn’t actually know anything about the actual condition of the oil, or if the oil has been changed. Its only tracked statistics on engine operation since the last time the light was reset.

thanks a lot to both of you, I don’t really know much about cars I’ll try that today figured this would be a simple answer thanks for your help and have a nice day.

Are you sure that this light indicates the need to change the oil?
Is it possible that this is the warning light for low oil pressure?

Please check your Owner’s Manual to be completely sure about what this particular light indicates.

I know it is none of my business but, in a Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix, I think you hold down the trip odometer stem and then start the engine. There are lots of references to this on the web via Google, etc.