Ford Escape door trim clips

I have a 2017 Ford Escape. The back door panel has a habit of coming loose at the bottom, which causes the door to stick and sometimes not open without some effort. I have reviewed videos of how to remove the panel and discovered the bottom clip that the screw goes in on the bottom of the panel appears to be pulling out of the door. I can’t seem to find a part number or specific name to look for it. Does anyone have a clue as to the specific part number or name for this part is so I can look for it or if this is even my problem? I have seen earlier models having the same problems, but nothing in this year range.

Visit your local Ford dealer’s parts counter. They can help with that and get the parts for you.

1 Like

I just refer to them as push pins; even the ones with the screws which really do not do a whole lot.

As mentioned, just check with the Ford dealer. These things should be inexpensive.
Some auto parts houses and even Lowes carries a few things like this.

I found them at Advance Auto Parts and Pep Boys in the past. Check on line for compatibility.

A grommet snaps into the door to receive the screw. The online parts catalogs don’t list all of the small parts, you have to visit a dealer’s parts department.