"For whom the bell tolls;"

I notice every so often,that a few posters have trouble being respectful in thier posts in replies to contributers that only have the best intentions,when they reply.If you want advice,take it,if you already know the answear and cant take any constructive criticism,go to facebook or some forum like that.
When I was a young man coming up,I was tought to always repect your elders or superiours and not do any sneering or sassing,one time in the pen I was trying to explain the principles of bouyancy to a fellow prisoner,when a shaven head redneck chimed in" it floats because its full of air",when the real answear is,[it floats because its lighter then the water it displaces] so a little knowledge is a dangerous thing and dont jump to conclusions.Sarcasm happens,but always try to be respectful.There are very few here,who would try to mislead you-Kevin

Amen, with enthusiasm. Well said.

Nice post Kevin and so true. For some reason or another I also get disrespect from one moderator. That’s about as unprofessional as you can get. I hope she sees this post and changes her ways or she may have to start flipping burgers for a living. BTW…that was meant to be disrespectful in hopes of teaching her a valuable lesson.

Do forum moderators actually get paid more than burger flippers?

missileman, I don’t know what your issue is with that moderator but I have never seen her do anything disrespectful to anyone. Yeah I even got a little chastisement from her once but I deserved it, in fact I was expecting it but I did the post anyway because the troll I was directing it at needed it so bad.

Whatever it is, build a bridge and get over it, she has done a very good job here and I appreciate all her hard work.

BTW, missileman, I have had a lot of respect for you and the advice you have given, so i am a little befuddled by your current rant against this moderator. It just doesn’t seem like you so please, let it go.

@keith…she (cybergirl) dinged me with a “disagree” knowing full well that I could not return the favor. The system was just recently changed because I did ding a moderator once just to see if I could do it. I’m over it and I hope she is too. I hope you didn’t think I was lambasting @cdaquila…because Carolyn is doing a wonderful job.

10% of folks will disagree on what color the sky is…I tend to ignore those icons.

Thats because 90% of them are wrong. :wink:

@texases,some people argue for the sake of argument,I knew a guy who wouldnt hardly let you agree with him or so I thought anyway-Kevin

Felix wrote a note to Oscar once and initialed it. Oscar later told Felix that it took him some time to figure out that F U stood for Felix Unger.

Very well stated. Posters here come from all ages but not all act their age. Number of years accumulated does not always come with a corresponding maturity level.
I have noticed that every once in while a regular poster turns into the neighborhood bully and reams anybody that they choose. They either get cut down and turn civil or they go away.
It is disappointing and can be hurtful but I expect immature people to act immature so I do my best to move along and let them suffer from their actions.

Ya know I do not mind the infighting, except for the innocent poster asking a question that will get deluge of responses and email notifications thereof that do not pertain to the original post. A thread like this is perfect for the catfight, not the thread of an innocent bystander.Moderator issues, I did not know they intervened, one experience I remember with a moderator was due to problems keeping my old name in the new forum, we could not get it to work, life goes on and I have nothing but respect and little interaction with them. If you have a beef with the moderators I would need more information before I question their activity.

@Barkydog…if you need specifics just go to : Just when you think you’ve heard everything–a view from behind the counter. Then look at the 12th comment. Look down at the disagree and there is her name…cyberbabe. She is a moderator. I tried to ding her back but a little icon shows up that say’s “You can’t flag a moderator.” I don’t care if anyone agrees or disagrees with me as long as I have the opportunity to return the favor. That’s the bottom line and that’s what sparked my comments. If the rules of the game are not fair then why have rules?

She decided to disagree with you usually agree with Dagosa, maybe I am missing something but that is all I see. Look at act 10 in WI, the legislature did not abide by their open meeting rules, Supreme court decides because they made the rules they did not have to abide by them. http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/article.php?article=33800

The last time the law was in front of the high court, the justices ruled 4-3 that Republicans had properly passed Act 10 because they found lawmakers can easily sidestep the state’s open-meetings law. Tensions on the court were so high over that case that Justices David Prosser and Ann Walsh Bradley got into a physical altercation in front of all but one of the other justices.

The allegation that Wisconsin state Supreme Court Justice David Prosser grabbed a colleague by the neck has devolved into a he said/she said. Prosser has denied choking Justice Ann Walsh Bradley prior to a ruling on the anti-union law, but Justice Bradley has confirmed the report.

“The facts are that I was demanding that he get out of my office and he put his hands around my neck in anger in a chokehold,” Bradley told the Journal Sentinel.

Sources told the Journal Sentinel two very different stories Saturday about what occurred. Some confirmed Bradley’s version. According to others, Bradley charged Prosser, who raised his hands to defend himself and made contact with her neck.

A joint investigation by Wisconsin Public Radio and the Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism first reported on the incident early Saturday, stating that Prosser “allegedly grabbed” Bradley around the neck.

Before Bradley spoke to the Journal Sentinel, Prosser issued a statement that said: “Once there’s a proper review of the matter and the facts surrounding it are made clear, the anonymous claim made to the media will be proven false. Until then I will refrain from further public comment.”

Hiya, guys. Happy belated Thanksgiving.

I help moderate the forums because I am not qualified to flip burgers!

Anyway, Kevin, I like the sentiment behind your post. It’s wise. @missileman, I can tell the Disagree you received has struck a nerve. I looked over the thread you referred to, and while I cannot speak for her, my hypothesis is the reaction was lodged in error. (I know I accidentally hit the reactions buttons at least once or twice a week.) The best way I can break it down to you is this: Cyberbabe does a ton of behind-the-scenes work to keep things spam-free, orderly, and organized. I primarily step in to referee when there’s a breach of the community guidelines, or when technical issues arise. We do work as a team that way, and all I ask is that before you presume disrespect or malice on our part, ask us. I strive to keep dialogue channels open, and we have deep appreciation for all of your generous contributions to the life of the forum.

I believe that I may have inadvertently clicked on a disagree for missleman so the moderator should feel free to remove that one. It was purely an accident caused by a mouse acting up a bit and a mildly gashed index finger. Neither one moving like they should and apology offered up front… :slight_smile:

@ok4450, I click on it again, and it goes away. Oddly enough, we don’t have the power to take them away!

I’m not an advocate of “disagree buttons” and simply ignore them. If I disagree with someone I want to explain why, and if someone disagrees with me I want to learn from their reason(s). It’s only through that discourse that we grow. The buttons rob us of that opportunity.

@cdaquila…Thanks for your comments. I was not upset over the “disagree” at all. I was upset that a moderator flagged (dinged) me with a disagree. It was probably a mistake as you said. I have been a moderator for about 20 years on a regional “free ad” internet forum so I understand things can happen. I’m very pleased to see that the disagree “struck a nerve” because I’m just as puzzled as anyone why a moderator would do this. @Cyberbabe…I will remove all troll references as soon as I can. My sincere apologies are hereby tendered.

I would be the first to admit that I have hit the wrong button in haste and could not retrieve an email that went to the wrong person. Keyboarding is an art not a science.

The disagree button though can be useful if someone gives what would be considered very bad or dangerous advice. Of course it probably would be better to add some verbage to it but it can still illustrate how valid a particular comment is.

The only thing I got upset about was being flagged as a troll or abusive.