Flatulence

Early detection is critical to minimize, and shorten the exposure time to the noxious gas. So what is needed are SBD sensors in all the seat cushions with an alarm light and horn on top of each head rest to warn passengers of imminent danger. This is so passages can take action by quickly rolling down the windows. On luxury cars the windows, and sun roof would automatically open until the PPM of methane gas reaches safe levels, then automatically go back to the last positions.

Now that’s a worthwhile use of technology, @americar.

As one who takes pride in my farts, I like vinyl!

A sheepskin (shearling) seat cover is guaranteed top smother as well as gradually dissipate it.

I see

So people primarily buy sheepskin seat covers to swallow farts, versus keeping their butt warm

LOL

How about cloth seats with charcoal impregnated foam under the cloth. Now if the drive has a serious issue, and often has clients in his vehicle, then he should wear a personal fart filter. This is a mini pad that women periodically wear, only instead of moisture absorbing material, it would have charcoal impregnated fibers to absorb odors at the source. Wings not needed.

@db4690 Not really! Sheepskins are warm as well as comfortable, and allow good “breathing”. Airline pilots love them, since they have to sit still for a very long time.

@Docknick

I was joking, for pity’s sake!

I know that sheepskins do more than swallow farts.

On a side note . . . I’ve seen something unpleasant concerning sheepskins, and it involves the sale of used luxury cars. Many people with leather seats which are cracked and peeling will put on sheepskins right before they put up the “for sale” sign. The prospective buyer sees the sheepskin, sits on them and finds them comfortable, but never looks underneath . . .

Yeah, it’s pretty sad. The sheepskins are seen as a plus, because the prospective buyer doesn’t think that they might be covering up something bad.

And then, months or years later, when they want to vacuum the interior, or perhaps treat/condition the leather seats, they remove the sheepskins. At which point they yell . . . WTF . . . !!!

Don’t let dealerships get wind of (no pun intended) this discussion, or fart-proofing your seats will become one more of the worthless upsells they try to con you into along will undercoating and scotchguarding.

smile, when you see the moon.

"Bout time CT concern itself on this topic. Ever since the coupe, we knew about this problem. VW Beetle had this problem-Vinyl seat covers and airtight interior.