Flashing 4x4 warning light on dashboard

What causes the 4x4 and 2x2 warning lights on the dashboard to flash on and off then stop then flash again

I am going to guess that this is an indication of a fault in either the AWD mechanism or in the transmission. And, continuing to drive the vehicle like this will only make your repair bill larger. You need to have a qualified mechanic examine the vehicle a.s.a.p.

I am guessing about what the blinking light means, simply because I don’t have an Owner’s Manual for your vehicle. However, if you look in your Owner’s Manual, I can guarantee that there will be an explanation for this warning light. More than likely, it will tell you something similar to my best guess.

Thank you for your response. I am taking it to a qualified mechanic asap. It happened one time before and the mechanic checked it and said something about a sensor problem. It hasn’t occurred for well over a year now. Maybe it know winter is on the way. The transmission shifts fine but the light keeps blinking on and off then stops for a while and does it again. Thanks again for your input. I’ll try and let you know what I find out at mechanic.
radne5