F250 headlamp replacement

How do I change out the headlamp on my 2008 F250 Super Duty diesel truck. It looks like I need to take off the whole light assembly. If so, what is the best way to do that? The truck is less than one year old and has only about 10,000 miles on it. Why would this bulb fail so soon?

Some have these pins at the top (my GMC does) you just rotate it out of the clip and pull up while twisting to prevent binding and breaking the plastic. The whole assembly pulls out with only the wiring holding it in. It makes life easy. Bulbs are delicate and can burn out at any time.

It should be listed in you owners manual. Page 45 for my 04 (I just looked at my .pdf copy). Bulbs are a finicky so an early failure is not that uncommon. If its the halogen type, don’t touch the glass with you fingers

No buld warranty with Ford?we did it at GM.

Why did it blow so soon? It is probably just bad luck. On my Mercury, there are a couple of long, thin blades that need to be pulled up. They are practically flush when in place. To me, it was not obvious how to do it. If no one here can say for sure for your F250, try a Ford truck board.

Good place for Ford truck info:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php