Exhaust systems online

Hey folks . . . where do you get your exhaust stuff on-line? I need a system from the CAT back for my '89 Accord. Rocketman

Google ‘Honda Exhaust Parts’. Or, if your looking for a fart can muffler system, check out http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+500+4294923429+4294924930+4294922451+4294907813+115+4294907606

The shipping really kills you with exhaust stuff because it’s heavy, bulky and often awkwardly-shaped. Unless you have some sort of performance exhaust vision, you’re likely better off having an exhaust shop just make you whatever you need.

I don’t get stuff like that on line. What do you do if they send you the wrong part? It would be different if it were a hard-to-find part. But we’re talking simple exhaust components. It’s better to purchase these parts from a local parts supplier.

Tester

Thanks folks . . . that’s what I usually did Tester, maybe I’ll kep with what I’ve been doing. Rocketman

I just ordered a complete dual exhaust system for my K5 blazer including headers, mufflers, cats, and a few other odds and ends from Summit Racing. Shipping was free, $11.00 handling charge. That was it. I think Jegs has the same shipping deal.

I agree with Tester.

Unless it’s a custom racing exhaust…it’s NOT worth it.

I also don’t do exhaust systems anymore. I can usually get it done for just a little more then if I bought the exhaust and did it myself. Also on many vehicles you really need to get the vehicle in the air…NOT just on jacks and stands. In order to snake the muffler with pipe up and around the rear axle the muffler was hanging about 2’ below the tire…And lets not forget that many of the bolts need to be cut off.

I have an '88 Accord. With one exception I always get OEM exhaust parts from the dealer. That way it simply bolts on and the restriction and sound are guaranteed stock. From the cat back you need a muffler, a “B” pipe two gaskets and 5 nuts. The exception was an aftermarket “A” pipe, which goes from the manifold to the cat. The OEM was over $500. The after market unit was $260.

I have an '88 Accord. With one exception I always get OEM exhaust parts from the dealer. That way it simply bolts on and the restriction and sound are guaranteed stock

That’s a waste of money…It’s like the people who only buy OEM windshields or sparkplugs. What ever float your boat.

I bought a Dynomax cat back exhaust system online recently from RockAuto. It was $150 + $20 shipping plus they had a $30 rebate, so it came to $140 total. Kit came with gasket and clamps, and the hangers all matched up with my originals.

I later saw Autopartswarehouse.com had the exact same kit for $125 with free shipping and the $30 rebate, so it pays to shop around first. It was still cheaper than buying from a local parts store. The local parts stores here didn’t even have the pipes in stock anyway.

The only problem buying online is, you have to make sure the parts will fit or you’ll end up eating the return shipping cost.

I also don’t expect the Dynomax(made by Walker) exhaust to last as long as the OEM exhaust which lasted 9 years. I bought a plain Walker exhaust before for the same truck and the rear pipe was rusted out after only 4 years.