Driving while shooting!

I have a bumper sticker on a metal tool cabinet from when I was in my 20’s. it holds true today…
“When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns”

1 Like

That is NOT the same of just having the gun on you when you’re drunk. Threatening or not…if you are in possession of a gun and drunk then it’s a felony.

"Rod-Knox,
And individuals with dozens of assault rifles, faux or authentic, and thousands of rounds of ammunition I I
I never could understand why anyone ( except the military ) would need an assault rifle or an automatic or semi automatic hand gun or a large store of ammo. I have had guns around most of my life ever since I got big enough to keep both ends of a 22 rifle off the ground. The only rules we learned was a gun #1 is not a toy never point it at anything you did not intend to shoot #2 hit what you are shooting at #3 be aware of what you might hit if you do miss what you were aiming for.

1 Like

Statistically, your car is more likely to kill you or someone else than your gun is. I worry far more about the idiots who treat public roads like a race track and text while driving than I do about someone carrying a pistol in his car. I regularly shoot trap and skeet at a local range. I have only seen one serious injury there. Someone forgot to set the parking brake and as he was getting out of his car, his car started rolling and the door hit a tree closing it on his ankle. Fortunately, one of the regulars at the skeet range was a doctor. On the same road is a radio control model airplane club. Guess which one of these places has sent more people to the emergency room.

There is no need for assault weapons.

Ronald Reagan On Assault Weapons - YouTube

2 Likes

When at the range, I simply find ‘plinking’ with my Ruger .22 more enjoyable than my .357 revolver, much like automatic vs stick shift in a car.
Though I do all right with a pump shot gun and a bolt action rifle I would just as well hunt with semi-automatics.
Side note: when double action revolvers were introduced they were occasionally referred to as automatics!

1 Like

I have never encountered a shotgun more pleasant to shoot than a semi-auto Remington 1100. Break open single shot shotguns kick like mules.

1 Like

I may old fashion but to me with an automatic or semi automatic you don’t really have to know how to shoot just like a water hose aim in the general direction and wave it around and you will eventtually hit your target.

1 Like

“It’s always been interesting to me that the ones most against others having a hand gun are the ones that have one themselves, like Police.”

Our Sheriff suggests getting a CWP. I received my CWP training at the Sheriff’s gun range. One thing how the Sheriff’s course differs from gun show course is the requirement to shoot 100 rounds at their range.
In ten years I have yet to carry.

I used a friends Browning recoil operated semi-auto shotgun, seemed to kick more than my pump.

"B.L.E. Break open single shot shotguns kick like mules.
[/quote]

If you thing a single shot kicks try a double barrel and pull both triggers ay the same time.

Let me know when you do this.

I have never done the trap thing the double barrel thing never again I learned fast once was enough.

When evolution is outlawed only outlaws will evolve.

Need is irrelevant.

When the Black Panthers attended a session of the legislature carrying openly Reagan signed a gun control bill, which he later repudiated.

1 Like

This occurs every day in my area. A common charge in addition to the primary crime is “Possession of a firearm by a prohibited person”. It is a tool of the trade, after they are released from jail they seek out another a firearm.

“Prohibited person” includes a range of unscrupulous persons but is it effective? ; Identify Prohibited Persons | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (atf.gov)

You ought to give it a try. All the frustration of golf, without the affordability. But still cheaper than drag racing, i.e. turning money into noise.

1 Like

Yup…just shows the hypocrisy.

2 Likes

That’s one case, and there are many others where prosecution was waived. That’s one way Latin American drug cartels buy their guns, and lots of them. Mules go to the gun show and make arrangements to meet later to pay for and take possession of the firearms. The fronts meet all the legal requirements and can pass a background check if required, but as your reference shows, they checks aren’t always made. Even if they are checked, the buyers are squeaky clean so that they can keep funneling guns to the criminals.

The act of buying guns as a strawman for resale is a felony in itself. Of course our own government is guilty of this.

Criminals don’t obey laws. Adding more won’t help. Enforcement of existing laws will as we both agree.

3 Likes

I guess I am not the competitive type I don’t play golf or get into any sports unless you consider fishing a sport that I do strictly for relaxation the only racing I ever did was to try to be the first of the line at a red light when I first started driving as most teenagers probably did but it did not take long to grow out of that stage other than a few loads of shine when money was short and I needed extra if I want to make noise I have a couple of black powder Guns that will make a lot of noise.