'APD says man in car wreck also had gunshot wound'

‘Albuquerque police said a man with an apparent gunshot wound to the face also crashed his car’ https://www.abqjournal.com/895597/apd-says-man-in-car-wreck-also-had-gunshot-wound.html

This is taking distracted driving way too far. What was he thinking?

Troll, please don’t post any more links to articles that we have to subscribe to something to read. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Without a subscription one can see the TV stations’ websites. KOB, KOAT , and KRQE .coms.
But there’s not yet much more to report . . investigation is too new.
Was he driving his injured self to the hospital ?
Was he shot while driving ?
puzzle.

Read it with no problem, shot in the face with buckshot, drive to the hospital or call 911, I could see me driving to the hospital instead of waiting for more rounds.

I could read it also, no problem. For those who can’t, I’ll reproduce it here:

gunshot wound
By Ryan Boetel / Journal Staff Writer
Thursday, November 24th, 2016 at 5:15pm

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Albuquerque police said a man with an apparent gunshot wound to the face also crashed his car and was taken to a local hospital.

Albuquerque police officer Daren DeAguero said in a news release that officers responded to a car crash on Lomas and Valencia, where a driver had struck a pole.

Officers said the driver, a man who police didn’t identified, appeared to also have been shot in the face. He was in critical condition at the hospital at around 5:15 p.m., DeAguero said.

No suspects are in custody and the investigation is in early stages, he said.

Thanks, Bill.
One more in a million incidences of man’s inhumanity to man. :slight_frown:

Sorry! I didn’t know they blocked access. They used to, but stopped, as near as I can tell. I’ve never paid or been blocked.

I have cited medical and scientific journals that have subscription-only access before, but quoted the relevant information and gave the citation for those who doubted.

I cited this for the first sentence and headline rather than the substance. At first blush it reads as though this careless car-wrecker (the first report didn’t mention the wound, just the lone driver crashing his car, which reads like another drunk driver) also shot himself - which, I guess, is still possible. A New Mexican set himself on fire while driving a few years ago.

The story pulled up fine for me.

Hopefully the PD will catch whoever did this and punish them to the full extent of the law; which quite often isn’t severe enough…

1 Like

No problem. :relaxed: