"Don't change thExpedition spark plugs yourself!" Why not?

@gsragtop:

and has a video on youtube so he must know what he is talking about..LOL
The guy in the video was an employee of the company that makes the spark plugs. Did you watch the video?

When the problem was discovered, Ford made design changes quickly and the VAST majority of the Triton engines have their spark plugs changed without any trouble…Even with the 2-valve 4.6L modular engines, after 100K miles, a little care must be taken when changing the plugs to avoid damage…

When compared to some of the junk produced by other companies, these engines stand as a pillar of reliability and a long, trouble-free service life…

If the Ford dealer agrees not to stick you with the bill if something goes wrong, I'd consider that $329 money well spent. Overall, it would be cheaper than paying for a tow, paying for the repair, and STILL having to pay $329 to have the job redone.
Thanks, Whitey. Your advice is valued so maybe we will do that. They would charge $40 to extract each broken plug.

I’d rather let it soak overnight. ando this myself.
Yes, joking about direction. Some people are dyslexic about it.
One guy could not remove a fan from its spindle. I suspected that it was reverse-threaded.

@whitey:

All the tools they used in the posted video looked like regular tools to me. I own every tool they used in the video, and I am not even a mechanic.

Yes, and that’s my point. A mechanic would certainly have all those regular tools and yet still even they, with all their tools/experience and ability, state before the work is done that whatever damage is done by them will be paid for by the customer.
Whomever thought that would be acceptable at Ford is one doughnut short a dozen.

Yes , as I was the one who posted it, but I thought Jesmed comment about “according to the guy dressed like a real mechanic:” line was funny. So I took it one step further into the “if its on the internet it must be true” category… It was a joke that apparently did not translate well.

Thanks for explaining. Now I get it.