Donnybrook 1971 or so

I am getting rid of old stuff, These pics were in a cassette marked Donnybrook, not sure where, any ideas?

I don’t see any pics.
Can you repost them?
:roll_eyes:

DSC_0128

Internet clues lead to Brainerd MN, later renamed Brainerd International raceway.

1 Like

Yup, in the 60s read all the car magazines, remember articles on the opening of Donnybrook.
Barkydog—you’re in Minnesota, aren’t you?
Take a run over there, and say hi to Paul Bunyan while you are in Brainerd!

1 Like

I enjoyed the photo above of the two young guys working on the engine w/ the little kid seeming to be working on something in the foreground, wearing the same “X3” logo on the back of his shirt. Heartwarming, and shows interest in cars can be an activity that involves the whole family. When I was that kid’s age I didn’t want to fix them, what I really wanted was to drive them … lol …

1 Like

Actually Paul got moved out of the original Brainerd location. Made room for some big box store. He got relocated maybe 1/3 way to Garrison off of 18. The charm is gone, but he still says hi to the kids. Summer family place in Pequot Lakes I retired a month ago, converting VHS tapes to digital format. Videos of the Nickelodian and Marching band automated machines were fun to watch. We say HI every time we drive by, as I like going up 169, trying to count how many times we cross the Rum River. Still not sure yet, 8 or 9, Rum river got it’s name because supposedly paul got drunk on rum and the river filled in in his wandering footsteps. Too much information I know, but no apology.

1 Like