Defective window trim 'plugs' on 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Just bought a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid. Really like the car. However, almost cut my finger on a plastic ‘plug’ at the end of the chrome trim around the left rear window. The ‘plug’ was not tight and flush and it was pointed on the bottom (which was where my finger was slightly injured). These ‘plugs’ are at the ends of all the chrome trim around the car door windows. Several of them are not flush, with as much as a 1/32 of an inch gap. All the ‘plugs’ have a pointed bottom.
I also still own a 2007 Toyota Camry. It has similar chrome trim around the door windows, with similar ‘plugs’. ALL of the ‘plugs’ are flush, smooth and tight.

I took photos of the ‘defective’ ‘plugs’, and then brought the Fusion back to the dealer and discussed the problem with the Manager of the Body Shop. I left the car for them to correct the defect and got the car back today. Apparently they didn’t understand what the problem was, because the ‘plugs’ are still in the same condition, i.e. defective.
So, I’ll be following up this probelm with the dealer. I’ll be looking at some of the other Fusions to see how the ‘plugs’ look on them, and see if they are better than the ones on my car.
Looks like shoddy workmanship to me!
Anybody have any comments or recommendations (or questions) about these ‘plugs’?

If the chrome is misformed or the inserts are the wrong size, they should be able to correct that. I had to bring my Acura back to have a loose weatherstrip replaced and it was no problem. On the other hand, some stuff is just generic to the car and needs to be lived with. Trunk lids on some of the cars are a real head bruiser depending on the shape, and remember those dog legs in the 50’s Ford and GM cars? Absolute disaster to knees.

Also look in the owner’s documents that came with the vehicle. There should be contact information for the “Chain of Command” above the dealer, and this should be brought to their attention.