Craig's Minivan - San Pedro, CA

Craig,

I recommend you paint your mini-van like the american flag! My band’s Van in Williamsburg brooklyn is a mini-van painted like this and it’s very sexy. It will for sure attract the Artsy type, it’s very Jasper Johns.

-Hope

Craig!

I highly recommend you paint your mini-van like the american flag-very sexy, very Jasper Johns

-hope

Might I suggest painting “For Sale!”

I am obviously no a female. (you only asked for women) Although; I have a good idea for his minivan. He could paint it like a yellow taxi. He could start a cab business. He could meet available women this way. If they want to make whoopi; they may want him to drive. :slight_smile: stolen from (Rodney Dangerfield).

Might be true for most cars, but no one drives a minivan because they lusted after a minivan since they were a small boy. A minivan says “Family,” and “Family” says “Already Taken.”

I live a few miles from Craig and I am a single gal, so I feel I have some authority here, and I can vouch that a mural-painted car is no longer “cool” in California. If he paints pictures on his car, no matter what of, he will make himself look goofy, which is much worse on the “sexy” meter than looking like a dad hauling the little league team. In fact, a decorated car is now so rare, it will draw reactions of surprise, which does not make for safe travel.
If Craig really wants to paint the car, he could paint the lower half asphalt black and the upper half sky blue, and hope it disappears on the landscape, leaving his smiling face to greet the single gals of L.A. County.
Better still, he could put the effort into creating a really great profile on a dating website, with professionally taken pictures. Now that is something women would find visually appealing!
Good luck to you, Craig.

ok craig here is an opinion from a 20 year vet of cali. In the 70"s vans were the best car around… you should listen to these songs for painting ideas .I would have a 4 tone mural of the words California dreaming of california girls on each side ref the song by the mama’s and the papa’s california dreaming and and the beach boys california girls. remember your looking for a niche girl when you drive a van. Beach baby by the beach boys describes her. she is not a lush or a barfly or a biker …shes earthy and probably wears no makeup at all, as she does not need it. with this in mind your background should be a wave breaking and you might make it big enough that you can show a surfer exiting the green room… IE the tube formed by a wave right before it breaks and collapses. SEE the pic. If you take your painted van up to Malibu and hang at zuma beach or huntington or seal or newport. you will expose it not only to girls but to potential clients for your work. venice is too commercial and your van would get stolen. santa monica is a crap shoot as its to close to a city and parking is a bad scene. Dana point has merit too. What you want is to let your van be your wingman. put in a decent stereo and maybe have a hibachi cook stove to grill a a hanburger and a hot dog or 2. go to walley world and get a 12 volt cooler so you can keep food cold . a 40 quart igloo brand costs about 100 . you should also have an auxillary marine style battery to run it So you dont get branded a lame as you wait for a jump on your dead battery . Dont get the coleman brand they dont last. Stop trying to be the aggressive seeker. Let your van draw a crowd by having food and cold drinks and good music while people admire the murals. and be sure to sign it and put a cell phone contact number down. I would have it signed ’ Mural by Craigs Dreams ’ with a phone number. be sure to have a 4 by 8 by 3/4 inch sheet of plywood that you can drop from the ceiling of the van interior be sure to paint it with a nice mural on the bottom as that is your interior roof,make it nice. Store an air mattress and have a couple cotton comforters to cover it with as you will meet some willing girls. Use cotton as it cleans up easily. Park and let your van attract your clients and your ladies. Be natural and treat all meetings male and female like business as you may get some ladies that want you to bodypaint them. So know what kind of non toxic paint you can use. Cause its fun to paint a lady and then wake up in the morning with your model. She will lead you to heaven as you are the artist and like a musician thats all you need to be to attract her. The final song you need to listen to is Chevy Van by Sammy Johns it was #5 on billboard in 1975. I attached a wave background but I would use a darker shade of blue. 1 final note glue 2 hide a key boxes outside your van. I would suggest your rear passenger wheel well and under the hood only if it can be opened from the outside. there is nothing more lame than being locked out. And you should have an electronic keypad interlock to your ignition so any loser who stole the key to your office/bedroom. CANT START IT. Good luck bro

the fine in cali for a bandit cab is 1600 on top of 3 misdemener theft and unlicensed cab charges… Not a good idea for craig unless he wants to become BuBBA’s girlfriend

hey craig remember she is from culver city IE she lives next to sony. shes is not the type thats attracted to the free lifestyle of artists and van people. She is looking for someone to support her in the lifestyle/ manner that she expects to be supported in. Ie a cali digger. I ignored many of them in the 20 years I lived in cali. She shows her true colors when she put down your van. ignore her type and you will meet your lady. look at brian wilson of the beach boys. He was a shy guy into his craft. His lady sought him out, accepted him as he was and they had a great life. Just like the lady in my life did. good luck craig

There is no way to make a minivan sexy! Impossible! What Craig should do is sup up the van with the logo of his mural business on either side, along with a “how am I driving?” bumper sticker, to make it appear that this is strictly his work vehicle. This will also make it seem like he owns a second vehicle and that second vehicle is the “sexy” one.

I missed when he said what he does - why he got the van, but I gather here it’s because he’s an artist? He should feel blessed he has a rolling billboard to display his talents to women! He should paint some piece he’s really proud of from his portfolio on the side, and then maybe put some tagline like, “Craig: and artist for you.” A talented entrepreneur is always attractive. :slight_smile:

I am with you there. Then she (they - as in more than one she) could have her (their individual and joint) way with the other side of the van. Has (have) they ever wanted to drive a car with tail fins? Or pilot a plane on city streets. But the woody idea is still a great one.

There is a way to render a minivan sexy. Put a bumper sticker on the back that says my other vehicle is an Alpha Romeo!

It depends… If the minivan is decked out, it may help, but to me most minivans tell me that the man is already taken, and I don’t bother… However, if he is an artist… it may help him if he decks it out.

Dogs, dogs, and more dogs…rescues, preferably.

I’m a California gal too (SF) and I think the ideas of either painting it advertising your biz or putting some bumper sticker on it saying “It’s for the dogs”…might help. As a professional dog trainer that would attract me :wink: OR just buy an old surfboard and attach it to the top :wink: Good luck :wink:

HOW TO MAKE A MINIVAN COOL

1. Don’t say “minivan”. Use its name- ex. Previa, Odyssy, Astro. " Let’s take the Previa!"
  2. YOU look cool. Get buff, wear muscle shirts, have an exciting attitude about you.
  3. Do daring things with your ( Previa, Osyssy, Astro…), take pictures and post them on a photo sharing website. Ex: burn rubber by power braking in the garage. Go rock climbing-get some nice shots of your (Previa, Odyssy, Astro) vertical in a quarry.
  4. Invite your friends to ride with you- they will learn to love the privacy glass, leg room, frat. party atmosphere, and stealth aspect for committing pranks. Think of it as a troop carrier.
  5. Custom license plate- a must. Go clever and adventuresome- PR8 SHP.
    6.Go 4-wheeling if you have AWD. Post pictures.
  6. Get the supercharger and TRD graphics.
  7. Tow a trailer with some bad–s ATVs or dirt bikes on it.
  8. Xtreme sport window decals, but only for ones you genuinely participate in.
  9. Tell your lady/date it is a self-driven stretch limo.
    Use the amenities- nice stereo, reclining seats, quiet ride, moonroof, etc. Make it a luxo-cruiser by night.
  10. You be a leader- confident, original, unpredictable, and look manly. Remember: a minivan can do anything some weenie little SUV can do, and carry more cargo and get better mpg.

“Does a man in a mini-van automatically look un-sexy to women?”

That was EXACTLY my thought when listening to the radio program. My (now) husband drove a mini-van when we met and I thought how cool. He’s not one of those guys who thinks a car describes who he is. Plus, the van came in handy taking friends and all our luggage on a weekend trip. I say any woman who takes issue to a mini-van is too shallow and not worthy of Craig.

SURF BOARDS!! Some surf shop stickers, beach towels and chairs in the back.
Please don’t get wheel spinners!

Mattel did something similar to the motorcycle painted on the side.
In the ‘70s, the casting was the Super Van (called California Cruisin’ in this line) and they had some hot rod cruiser painted on the side.