Colorado Springs to Denver in 20 minutes

They cannot go by his speedometer, nor his GPS readout. None certified.
Cannot go by his apparent speed using mile post makers. Video speed is not certified.
They cannot prove that he was riding.

Disturbing the Peace could be manyehicles,pecially my friend’s Mustang with switchable noise levels, and my playing Christmyth carols on the City Hall clocktower bells.
(Visitors could pay $1 for a carol and $2 for Blessed Silence!)

Industry standards govern video speed, I bet that would be sufficient for the court.

1 Like

Yet people can be convicted of murder with non certified video.

But it shouldn’t be hard to find a witness who could testify about a motorcycle shooting past them. The big issue is there is no way to prove who was riding, as you say.

He could say that he had to meet someone for an appointment and he was late. There goes speed contest and exhibition of speed.

What about someone who is driving 50 MPH in fog with 30 foot visibility? People do this all the time. It’s more dangerous than what the motorcycle rider was doing. Should they have an arrest warrant issued for that? Someone around here almost died because someone was doing that it heavy fog.

1 Like

$1000? Seems a tad on the low side, given the offense.

What??
The process is no different than any other offense.
The police issue a ticket or charge you with an offense using their experience and knowledge of the laws. Then you have the opportunity of your day in court to argue against the charges.

Not everything in life is cut and dried, black and white. That is why we have judges (and juries). To intepret the laws and weigh the evidence.

1 Like