Clicking sound 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT1

My wife’s 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 makes a clicking sound (like the turn signal is on) at random times while driving… does anyone know what is causing this?

If it sounds exactly like a turn signal, it may be the multifunction switch (turn signal, wiper, cruise, etc).

When the multifunction switch went bad on my 2000 Blazer, Grand Am’s came up a lot when I was doing research. Try googling “grand am multifunction switch”.

Spray some electrical contact cleaner into the base of the turn signal stalk while working it. This only stopped the clicking on mine for a few days, but at least it confirmed the multifunction sw. was bad. Perhaps you will have better luck.

Good luck,

Ed B.

This is happening to me also, 2003 Grand Am and is driving me CRAZY! Thanks for the tip, even a few days of silence will help since every place I inquired quoted me approx $300-$600 to fix.

I paid $200 for an OEM switch and installed it myself. Based on the amount of time I spent on the repair, I would have guess $400 to 500 for the repair. As I mentioned in the original post, try some CRC Electrical contact cleaner, you might have better luck than I did.

Ed B.