Chrysler minivan inverter not working

We have a Chrysler 2008 Town and Country, which has a built in 110 volt inverter. The inverter isn’t working; the 12 volt, 25 amp fuse under the hood is fine. There is a switch at the bottom of the console which controls the inverter, and although one can’t tell which way is “on” and which is “off”, the inverter doesn’t work with the switch in any position. I can’t figure out how to access the inverter without ripping out pretty much all of the back right interior of the van, which I won’t know how to put back. Why isn’t the darn thing working, and what can I do about it?

The fist thing you need to do is check to see if you have battery voltage and a good ground at the thing with the switch on. That will tell you if the inverter is at fault or the wiring. Hopefully you can check this without pulling the whole unit. I’m not familiar with this unit, but check it carefully–there may be another fuse or circuit breaker for it right on the unit or nearby. Also check the owner’s manual for advice.