2008 Chrysler Town & Country - Runs good, but

all of the warning lights on dash are on. none of the instruments work but the car runs good.

A failing alternator can cause that. Have it and the battery tested. You can also try disconnecting the battery for several minutes. When you reconnect it the lights might “reset.”

I tried the disconnect and that worked for now . we will see how long that reset lasts. need to know what caused it in the first place. thank you.

You can (should) have your alternator check.
Battery terminals need to be clean along with the cable ends.
Ground cable from the battery to the chassis or engine block needs to be clean of any needs to be clean.

The minivan forum at allpar.com has helped me several times with my Chrysler minivans over the years. Someone there may have the info you need.

2 Likes

The trouble may be due to excessive AC ripple voltage coming from the alternator due to bad diodes inside it. There should be less than .1volt of AC ripple voltage across the battery while the engine is running around 1,500 RPM. If you decide to check it yourself with a voltmeter make sure it blocks DC voltage in the AC volts mode. To check that you can just measure a battery voltage in the AC mode. After the initiation connection to it is done the meter should show zero volts. If you get a reading then you know the meter doesn’t block the DC component and will have to compensate for that.

1 Like