Cherry bomb extreme

I have used he upload button for movies,

https://youtube.com/shorts/inu4bUgLl2c?feature=share

if u guys want to losten to my car

1 Like

When it comes to sound, the amount of HP doesnā€™t matter a whole lot. Iā€™ve heard good sounding (classic V8 rumble) out of a 150 HP V8 ( late 80ā€™s non-H.O. Ford 302), and Iā€™ve heard much more powerful V6ā€™s ( 300+ HP Nissan VQ) engines that sound like a sea lion sitting on a juicer.

1 Like

[quote="FoDaddy, that sound like a sea lion sitting on a juicer.
[/quote]

Good one I have never heard it put that way before. :laughing: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes

I actually think the Taurus sounds pretty good like that. The only thing I might be hesitant about is whether or not there is going to be an annoying drone at highway speeds.

See; not so loud with the cats in place.

1 Like

You have been told that profanity is not within the Forum rules so stop it .

1 Like

That would be a vehicle emissions inspection. A computer is connected to the vehicleā€™s data link connector to check the emission monitors in the powertrain control module. The vehicle should also be checked for visible smoke.

As for the mufflers, I do not know what the laws in your state are.
Back when OK had a vehicle safety inspection program mufflers were kind of a Catch 22 situation. I was a licensed inspector.

Cherry Bombs were illegal which as I stated I got cited for several times.
Cherry Bombs were also legal under the state inspection laws as long as there were no exhaust leaks.
So a car could pass the inspection but the car owner could get pulled over and ticketed 5 minutes after their car left the inspection station.

That of course sometimes led to someone coming back and complaining. ā€œYOU passed my car so why am I getting citedā€.
It could be difficult to get someone to understand that convoluted situation.
And the muffler situation was nowhere near as confusing as to the regulations on how to check a cracked windshield. That would require a room full of PhD mathematicians.

Our state used to inspect so much more, now it is just plug in the ODB no codes free to go.

In the county where I live, we do a state safety inspection, but no emissions testing. There arenā€™t any noise ordinances that Iā€™m aware of, the only thing exhaust-wise that they seem to be the least bit interested in enforcing is that the exhaust pipes exit behind the passenger cabin. Side pipes seem to be okay though.

That was a simile worthy of the great Tom McCahill.

1 Like

gotchaaa. my car only really is loud above 3,000 rpms, anytging below that is kinda like a normal car. so i mean i can always get away w it. when i went to get my car inspected i went to a gas station, all they did was ask for the papers and all that then they plugged something under the steering wheel. what was it and howd it work? (i didnt go to dmv bc i have tinted windows and a cherry bomb setup)

Thatā€™s emissions inspection lite. They just look for codes set in the OBD-II system. Noise is not their concern, nor is your window tint level. If the local or state police donā€™t like anything about your car, they may stop you and give you a citation to fix whatever it is they think violates law. Thatā€™s what they do in MD.

Tracks have sound restrictions??
Is that not part of the fun of going to the track?

All do nowā€¦and many have for decadesā€¦ because people build new houses next to 50 year old racetracks and then complain about the noise.

Just like airports.

One outside Atlanta has Sunday quiet time for nearby churches. One in Clarkston, MI is so restrictive, some production cars can barely pass.

Yes, the noise is fun until some local gets a county noise ordinance passed and wrecks all the fun. So muffle up, racers, BEFORE some HOA president gets their undies in a wad.

3 Likes

It has always amazed that people know about the race tracks airports an other things that cause noise smells etc want to build or move in the area then complain and get a noise ordinance passed. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thatā€™s funny. My town doesā€¦and there are also laws about how much a truck can be lifted. And the trucks that are lifted well above the legal limit and have these extremely loud exhausts are owned by cops. So good luck getting any noise restriction laws enforced.

Farmers face the same problems, especially those with livestock. In the late 1980s, there was a pig farm on my way to work. A residential neighborhood was built nearby and the farmer was forced to do something about the waste smell even though he was there decades before the new residents.

1 Like

That swings both ways, though. Sometimes itā€™s the farmer who sold off some land to make a quick buck in the development market.

My folks built a house out in farm country in an already-established development. Thereā€™s a farm right at the entrance to their neighborhood, and a couple years after they moved in, the farmer decided to start large-scale manufacturing of anhydrous ammonia to sell as fertilizer. He ended up with 3 giant tanks, plus about 20 smaller mobile tanks full of the stuff, on a hill facing the development. Anhydrous is explosive, and poisonous as hell, and to add to the excitement this was before the OTC Sudafed registry was started, so meth cooks were stealing anhydrous to make drugs. It wasnā€™t uncommon for them to cause leaks in the tanks when theyā€™d steal it, and an anhydrous leak is very dangerous.

But when the neighborhood objected, the farmer tried to pull the ā€œyou knew the farm was here when you moved inā€ card. Yeah, but when you sold the land to make the development you didnā€™t tell anyone you were going to start a bomb factory. It took several years, but he finally lost when the state got involved and forced him to quit.

Thatā€™s a bit different, in that the farmer did not continue his original business. There used to be a rule that anything in place before new construction would be considered the natural environment. The example you gave would make the residential neighborhood the natural environment. In any case, I suspect whoever has the deepest pockets wins by forcing the party with less money to give up before running out of money.

1 Like