Changing Username

It’s strange, because your username has been changed on our back end to Zammer. I’ll have to inquire. Thanks.

Afterthought: have you tried clearing your cookies? Wondering if that might be working against you somehow. Usually logout/login does the job.

1 Like

Please do, Carolyn, it’s embarrassing as it is. I remember that I established Zammer as username when I first registered. It took me a while to notice that it wasn’t used. Perhaps it would be easier if you could totally remove my account and I’d try registering
again. (I’ve tried to do this but don’t know how.) I also tried to set up an account with my other email, and it said I was registered, but every time I try to open it, it says my password is wrong. I then get a one-time password from you, to change my password.
I do, but it is never accepted.

Thank you,

Len Zamkoff

Did you really log out? Closing and openning the brosser does not work. To log out click on your “L” in the green circle in the top right corner, click on your name, then you will find the “log out” at the bottom of the list. Other sites don’t hide the log out option as it is here.

There is a Log Out on the site, one doesn’t have to look for it. When I use it, it only leaves the site, it doesn’t remove the account.

There is a green circle with a Z in the right corner, but it opens my email account, not CarTalk. There’s a blue circle with LZ, but it
opens my second email account.

I would like to be removed from CarTalk, so I could try registering again, but haven’t been able to.

If I were you, I’d log out, then clear out your cookies, clear your cache, restart the computer. Then try to log back in again

1 Like

Carolyn–Did your inquiries result in a solution?

To have some privacy on CarTalk, I set up another account under the name George Smiley, email len3d3d@msn.com, with the username REMAZZ, and just posted a reply on it. It identifies the sender not as REMAZZ, but as len3d3d_162186.
There appears to be a problem at CarTalk.

Thank you,

Leonard Zamkoff

No, they have not. As I believe I mentioned, this is a known issue that I have passed on to the developers. I am typically able to fix it on the back end, and then the user logs out and logs back in and the name displays correctly. You are the only person for whom this has not worked. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but when I look you up in our user database, your username is not LeonardZamkoff. It’s Zammer, which is why I suggested you log out. I have sent you a private message with a screenshot to show this. Perhaps we should have this conversation privately.

As for your other account, I looked it up and fixed the settings. Your username is Remazz according to the database.

Thank you.

Carolyn

What is the big deal Leonard ? Two accounts , it is not like anyone is going to chase you down . Besides how would anyone know if your name is really Leonard.

Nine days have passed, with no reply. Who at CarTalk can I email about this that is in a position to do something?

Thank you,

Leonard Zamkoff

Outlook-hiaet00h.png

Good morning. I contacted our site developer to verify what I was seeing. She suggested that you please go to cartalk.com (Not community.cartalk.com) and log out, and log back in. Your username, according to our records, is Zammer.

1 Like