Car Window Condensation Survey (fixed)

Hello! My last post was deleted because people were suspicious about the link to the survey. So I decided to type it up. This kind of ruins the whole anyonnomus thing, but it’s all I’ve got. Here it is:

Disclaimer-
This survey is implemented by students from Newark Charter School that are
currently enrolled in the Level 3 Engineering Design and Development course.
The sole purpose of this survey is to gather information that will help inform our
design decisions in regards to solving our design problem established for our
yearlong engineering project.

Participation in this survey is completely voluntary and all results will be
kept both confidential and anonymous.
If there is an item that you do not wish to respond to, please feel free to
skip that item. If you wish to not have your survey counted, please inform
the survey administrator and your survey will be destroyed.
Please understand that if the survey is voluntarily submitted, the students
and the school will be held harmless for any information that is shared by
the participant.

Thank you very much for taking the time to assist us in developing this
engineering project.

• Do you drive a car?
    *yes
    *no (skip to end of survey and submit)

• What is your age?

• 16-19
    *20-29
    *30-60
    *>60
    *Prefer not to say
  • What is your gender?
    *Male
    *Female
    *Prefer not to say
    *Other: [fill in blank]

• How frequently do you drive?
    *Everyday
    *Few times a week
    *Few times a month

• Have you experienced car window condensation/foggy car windows (in cooler weather)?
    *Yes
    *No (please skip to the end of the survey and submit)

• If so, do you consider car window condensation a problem?
    *Yes

• How do you currently solve the problem of car window condensation? (Choose all that apply)
    *Car ventaliation system
    *Windshield wipers
    *Rolling windows down
    *Wiping down windows
    *Other: [fill in blank]

• Do you believe the current solutions are satisfactory?
    *Yes
    *No

• What do you like about the current solution?
    *[fill in blank]

• What do you dislike about the current solution?
    *[fill in blank]

• How much do you pay for the current solution?
    *$0-$5
    *$5-$10
    *$10-$15
    *$15-$20
    *>$20

• If a new product existed to solve the problem of car window condensation in a better way, would you try it?
    *Yes
    *No (please skip to the end and submit)

• How much would you be willing to pay for a new solution?
    *$0-$5
    *$5-$10
    *$10-$15
    *$15-$20
    *>$20

• What features do you think should be added into a new solution?
    *[fill in blank]

I would have much rather prefered to put the link to the survey (on google forms) on here as a post, but I’m afraid it’d get taken down again so I didn’t, even though I have seen other people post links to their surveys just fine. If anyone would like the link, I can post it under this discussion if anyone asks, just please, please don’t flag it as spam! The link has the google form for this survey in the exact same format and would probably be easier to fill out as well. Thank you for your participation!

I do not see your link, but wondering relevance of

Do you drive a car?
How would I know about window condensation if I did not drive a car

Why is age a factor?

Why is gender a factor?

I prefer not to participate.

Well, we ask if you drive a car, as our problem will only be relevant to those who do. You wouldn’t really know about car window condensation if you did not drive, which is why we ask you to not fill out the rest of the survey when that is the case. We need to know a bit about the demographics of our audience, hence the age and gender questions. I have not posted the link as no one has ask specifically for it, as I don’t want to get unnecessarily flagged again. Thank you for your questions! It’s completely understandable that you do not wish to participate; it’s is voluntary and you do not have to if you do not wish to.

Thanks Sidrsarb:
I just read up on the Newark Charter School. I couldn’t find a description about Eng Design & Devel course, but based on everything else I read about the school, I’m impressed.
All the best with your studies. You have awesome opportunities awaiting you.

Here are my replies to your survey:

Do you drive a car?
 * Yes

What is your age?
 * >60

What is your gender?
*Male

How frequently do you drive?
*Everyday

Have you experienced car window condensation/foggy car windows (in cooler weather)?
*Yes

If so, do you consider car window condensation a problem?
*Yes

How do you currently solve the problem of car window condensation? (Choose all that apply)
*Car ventilation system
*Rolling windows down
*Other:  Turning on the Air Conditioning

Do you believe the current solutions are satisfactory?
*Yes

What do you like about the current solution?
* Air Conditioning, even with the heat on if needed, dries the air sufficiently to clear the windows fairly quickly.

What do you dislike about the current solution?
* It's always worked for me, so I haven't considered any dislikes about it.

How much do you pay for the current solution?
* >$20
* We pay for air conditioning to keep us cool on hot and/or humid days.  That fact that it clears condensation is a nice additional byproduct.

If a new product existed to solve the problem of car window condensation in a better way, would you try it?
*Yes.  I am open to learning about new ways to solve problems.

How much would you be willing to pay for a new solution?
*  As long as the use of air conditioning works well to clear condensation, I'm not sure what I'd pay for a different solution.

What features do you think should be added into a new solution?
* It would need to be relatively inexpensive, reliable, and easy to understand its use.

Thank you very much for taking the time to assist us in developing this

engineering project.

• Do you drive a car?
    *yes

• What is your gender?
    *Male

*Everyday

• Have you experienced car window condensation/foggy car windows (in cooler weather)?

Seems like a survey to find a problem where there is none . How are you even going to use it ?

I don’t even think what few response’s you will get here will even mean much .

Buy a product to control window condensation in a vehicle that already has defrosting vents , I don’t think so .

@sidrsarb You might want to check the spelling of ( anonymous) in the heading .

C’mon, don’t rag on Newark. [edited for wrong state.] It’s within anybody’s right not to reply, but please don’t ridicule the place or the poster. And @VOLVO-V70 if you think it’s worth surveying, perhaps you can point to why a product isn’t necessary to help them learn.

I don’t see what the spam content is. If I see anything sketchy I will own that and delete.

1 Like

I’m not sure how helpful my response is, but…

Mind if I just cut and paste?

In summary, the only time I have a problem is in the winter when I drive from a warm garage to the store without fully warming the car up. When I come out I may need to run the car to clear the windows. Not a big problem.

• Do you drive a car?

*yes

• What is your age?
    *>60
  • What is your gender?
    *Male
    *Daily
    *Yes
  • If so, do you consider car window condensation a problem?

*No–Not a significant problem

• How do you currently solve the problem of car window condensation? (Choose all that apply)
    *Car ventaliation system
  • Do you believe the current solutions are satisfactory?
    *Yes
  • What do you like about the current solution?
    It works!
  • What do you dislike about the current solution?
    Sometimes need to sit in the parking lot waiting for the windows to clear.
  • How much do you pay for the current solution?
    *Nothing
  • If a new product existed to solve the problem of car window condensation in a better way, would you try it?
    *Probably not
  • How much would you be willing to pay for a new solution?

*$5-$10

• What features do you think should be added into a new solution?
    Yeah I don’t understand that question either unless they are thinking of those plastic coverings of a half century ago.
    [/quote]

Go ahead and permanently remove my previous post. I still think it is a ridiculous survey. First time I’ve been censored for an opinion.And you’ll never change my moms opinion of Newark when she was growing up there.

Hello! Just to clarify, our school is not in NJ. You are free to not participate.

If not in NJ where is it?

You are free to look up our school on google. It is located in Newark, DE.

No worries there

I wasn’t trying to take away your mother’s opinion, but you were invoking it to be unnecessarily rude to the poster. As I said, you’re free not to participate.

Hi Sidrsarb:
Reading Bing’s reply made me question my understanding of your question.

When you say “Car Window Condensation”, are you referring to the condensation that forms inside on the windows, like on humid days?

Or are you referring to the morning dew or mist that forms on the outside of the windows overnight?

I assumed it was the former. Please do clarify.
Thank you.

Both! We are speaking about the problem in general, which would include both types. Our project is still in the very early stages though, so this may change.

To add to this though, our original idea was the outside car window condensation rather than the inside type, but we included both just to start off. We may narrow it down if need be (hence why we are doing this survey to get more opinions on our topic). If you would like to redo your survey to account for that, please feel free to do so!

outside car window condensation is mostly taken care of by the wiper blades so not sure how that is a problem. the inside is the problem area if any. also on a side note you can get the inside condensation from a water leak coming in the car or leaky heater core. not just from the weather.

1 Like

Car window condensation outside also happens on the side windows that don’t have wiper blades that you need to see for your blind spot, so that was kind of what we were going for. Rolling the windows down doesn’t always work or work well, so that was how we came up with this problem. Thanks for the extra info!