Car Seat Outrage

I shall be interested in the response. Heh heh heh.

… and bad engineering is what keeps many lawyers in business!
:laughing:

3 Likes

Here’s something similiar, and it’s more along the lines of “bad labeling”

There was a lawyer in Los Angeles who made an absolute killing bringing lawsuits . . . on behalf of numerous clients . . . against candle makers, because the labels didn’t say that their products produced smoke. His strategy was to just be paid to go away . . . numerous times. And it eventually added up to a lot of money, because he got a cut each and every time.

And this guy was profiled in the Los Angeles Times, defending his business practice.

Maybe contractors, engineers and the like should be sued out of existence because jumping off of a tall building or bridge could be detrimental to your health . . . ?!

1 Like

I find many child seats improperly secured. Offering used child seats for sale without the instruction manual is a bad idea, here come the lawyers.

It’s not easy to install child seats correctly. My county fire department will inspect child seat installIon, fix it if needed, and teach the parents whatever they need to know for removal and installation of the seat.

Here’s a link to used child car seat decisions:

1 Like

Are you including those with latch system? Every seat I bought had latch and it couldn’t be easier. I did buy seats above mid tier, perhaps this is the reason and yet another nod to not buying the least expensive ones…

No kidding . . .

I’ve watched my brother install child seats to his satisfaction, which is TIGHTLY secured

Then he removed the seat and challenged some of his friends to install the seat correctly

they could NOT do it . . . they were sweating, red in the face, and about to have a stroke, hernia, etc. when they had to concede defeat

1 Like

Just moved out of NY. The ever increasing number of nanny laws and regulations didn’t make me want to reverse that decision.

Child car seat marketing and college education marketing run on the same track. i.e. nothing! is too good for my kids so damn the cost.

And I’ll add this ‘tacky opinion,’ what was the cost of the car seats that children were left buckled in to die?

That depends on the outlet. The Goodwill closest to me won’t take upholstered furniture, but the next closest Goodwill does. I think it depends on the clientele.

It’s simple with LATCH. You release and pull out the tethered clips by depressing a button. Attach the clips to the wire loops between the car seat cushion and back rest. The seat is completely out of the way. Then push the seat as firmly as you desire into position and the more expensive ones automatically ratchet tight as you push or you pull the front side of the belt to tighten on the lower end seats.

I had a seat belt retained car seat in the beginning and they are frustrating. Those are on the least expensive end of the seats now. Almost all have LATCH method.

I think children should be transported as safely as possible in a car. I also think pets should be secured. I have a harness for my dog and a loop that goes around the shoulder harness part of the seat restraint and has a snap that hooks to the dog’s harness. The dog rides in the second seat of the minivan and is protected against sudden stops.

1 Like

@Triedaq When I transport my cats to and from the vet they are in the back seat in hard-sided carriers that I run the seat/shoulder belt through the handle of and snug down securely. So in case of a hard stop or accident their carriers don’t go flying and the cats don’t going flying loose or run off when car doors are opened.

4 Likes