Car radio security code see dealer

failed to get the security code in three tries, and now radio says “off” manual says see dealer, how do I get the radio to accept code without going to dealer?

Are these coded radios designed to discourage theft or are they designed to keep dealership service departments busy?? It’s probably cheaper to replace the radio than submit to the dealer…

This is Caddymans standard answer to ANY factory radio problem. Replace a entire radio over a security code issue,not a good solution.

Typically you can wait 1hr with the key on and get three more attempts.

Then there is usually is a way to pull a backup code out of the radio and then enter this backup code into a manufactures support site and get the real unlock code.

Besides excellent fit many factory radios offer excellent performance,they are not “throw aways”.

Check the Mitsubishi web site. They have an app that will give you the security code. Honda does that for my Accord. Just find out what information the app requires (if it exists) and feed it the correct information. It will provide the coed and instructions for inputting it.

I dunno about factory radios offering “excellent” peformance, maybe “decent” performance. In my Mustang I have the Mach 1000 radio, the biggest baddest factory sound system Ford put in any of their cars at the time (2003). It sounds “alright” but the system I have in my Bronco shames it, it’s all aftermarket, Alpine head unit, 5.25 inch 3 way Infinity Kappas in the front doors, 6x9 2 way Infinity Kappas in the back, with 4 channel Infinity Kappa amp and two JL Audio 10 inch subs in the cargo area with a 2 JL A series amp.

And no, I’m not one of those people who drives through your neighborhood with thumping bass you can hear from 5 miles ways.

But trust the Bronco’s sound system sounds much,much better than any stock system I’ve ever heard, even the highly touted Mark Levinson THX-certified system they have in the new Lexuses…er Lexi.

I dunno about factory radios offering “excellent” peformance, maybe “decent” performance. In my Mustang I have the Mach 1000 radio, the biggest baddest factory sound system Ford put in any of their cars at the time (2003).

There are SOME factory systems that are FAR FAR superior to almost anything you can buy aftermarket. Companies like Mark Levinson and McIntosh have been making some of the best if not THEE best sound electronics you can buy at ANY PRICE. And their high-end gear IS EXTREMELY PRICEY…However I’ll agree…MOST are decent…NOT excellent.

We so easily get off topic,the point was, don’t throw away a perfectly good radio because you don’t know the procedure to unlock it. You turned it into a Forum to strut your sound system(s),FoDaddy