Car Door Locks

I got a 2004 Honda Odyssey with alarms. A few weeks ago, the car door locks started malfunctioning. The door will unlock but lock back immediately after I push the unlock button on the transmitter or after I shut off the engine. I had to use the key to unlock the door while outside or pull the lock tab up while inside. While the lock is unlocked that way, pushing the lock button on the transmitter will alarm the car but will not lock the door. I have to push unlock to disarm the car which locks the door and then push the lock button again to alarm the car. Very annoying. Has anybody ever experienced anything like this?

Is the alarm form the manufaturer on an after market?

Check your owners manual for the different locking codes (procedures) you program yourself.

If lucky, that’s all there is to it.

It may also be time to change the battery in the key fob. It may be sending a bad signal.

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure but the alarm (Audiowox) was installed by the car dealer on the purchase day. I reprogrammed the transmitter but still no luck. I think I am going to take it to the dealer for service. Unfortunately, this problem happened right after the odomemter exceeded 36,000 miles, the milestone for warranty.

See previous reply but that is not it. I had another transmitter which was never used and I know the battery is good and same problem. thx

Thx. I tried reprogramming it and no luck