Bumper scrape - repair?

2005 Altima 3.5 SE - Someone apparently backed into my car while parked. On the front bumper there are a couple of small scrapes and two longer, faint scratches.

Any suggestions on how I should repair this kind of damage? I imagine the deeper scratches will require some filling/repainting, but the bumper cover itself is still in one piece.

It’s a pretty new car so I don’t mind paying a little extra to get it done right. I just don’t want to get taken.

Is it possible to get it looking as good as new without replacement? How much should I expect to pay?

You MAY get real lucky and find a shop that can refinish the bumper cover but I wouldn’t bet on it.

I can tell you this though, a shop not specializing in auto body repair will most likely tell you they would replace the messed up cover with one from a dealer.

To the best of my knowledge these covers are plastic (or vinyl) and need to be removed to be repaired. They aren’t very hard to remove.

Then again as no doubt someone here will tell you, there are products for fixing such damage. I can’t though, as I don’t know what they are.

Cost will vary from shop to shop depending what is done.

I priced a new cover for my Olds and the dealer said $300 and change. Fuggettaboutit.

What about your insurance? Did you contact your insurer? My insurance company seems to know good repair shops and the price doesn’t seem too bad. Report the accident and see what they can do for you.