Buick LeSabre stalls when hot

Good morning… er… afternoon?

I drive a 1994 Buick LeSabre, wonderful car than ran great up until a month and a half ago. Suddenly it started throwing a Service Car Soon light and I’d get little hesitations while driving.

I took it into my local mechanic and he hooked up the code reader. It said error with Mass Air Sensor. So he replaced it and sent me on my way.

It got worse. It started to hesitate, stall, shudder. When I’d first start the car after it had been sitting overnight, it was fight for a while, but when it warmed up (half hour/45 minutes) it would act up.

Took it in again. Put in a second Mass Air Sensor and replaced the plug that connects to it. Still nothing changed. It’s been 6 weeks and they are still no closer to getting my baby back on the road. I can’t drive anywhere for fear I’ll get stranded and have to call a tow truck again.

Help me car talk people, you’re my only hope!

There are a number of possible issues. I doubt if all of them would trigger a CEL. That said, it would be a good idea to get the actual CEL (format: [P1234]) Many auto part stores will check the number for free. Post it back here.

It would also be a good idea if you can give us a detailed history. Is all the recommended maintenance been done (plugs, wires oil, and air filters etc.) Any recent work done on the car?