Brakes dont work good

Any decent mechanic should be able to put your brakes in good working order. I had a 1929 Ford with mechanical brakes and I had to stand on the brake pedal as soon as I saw a stop sign or traffic light and hope! Your brake drums and shoes are smaller than mechanical brakes because it was designed to work with a power boost. You must be dealing with incompetants.

some vwā€™s had manule brakes till the late 60s

Manual brakes, yes, but they were hydraulic manual brakes, not mechanical brakes. The Beetle had hydraulic brakes beginning in 1950.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll give in again

I know what manure is, but I have no idea what manule brakes are, but the last VW with mechanical brakes were build in 1949. After that, they were hydraulic.

1 Like

really so tell me how does it help the guy fix his car i didnā€™t see 1 piece of information here that gave him the ability to fix his car there fore it is off topic

As said before, the OP doesnā€™t seem to want to fix his car properly (read all of his posts). He thinks hydraulic brakes are junk (as are all modern vehicles, in his opinion) and wants to replace them with an alternative. Nobody here can help with that, nor should anyone anywhere help him with that.

2 Likes

Hmmm, where have we heard this beforeā€¦

3 Likes

I have owned many vehicles from that time period and they typically needed some type of hydraulic brake repair every few years. After 25 years it is no surprised that the master cylinder has been replaced more than once, cast iron master cylinders donā€™t last long.

I have three vehicles from the 1990ā€™s that I have never replaced a hydraulic part on, things have improved since 1970.

the very first post he asked if the booster could be the problem all of you trollers got him off the first post there fore none of this matters or helps him in anyway to fix the car so all these need to be flaged as off topic

The very first reply (and several following) gave him very good answers.

It is the OP himself who went off that original topic with his second post above (post 5)ā€¦

ā€¦ and proceeded to rant about cr@ppy hydraulic brakes. That is, the whole concept of hydraulic brakes, not just those on his car.

He knows perfectly well what needs to be done to fix his brakes, but apparently refuses to do it.

2 Likes

The OP is luddite, like conspiracy theorists they have firm beliefs that cannot be swayed by facts or data. Let him enjoy his/her little illusion and hopefully they wonā€™t hurt anyone.

3 Likes

And that matters to you, why?! Are you sleeping with him, you paying his bills, you financing any of it, probably not. So itā€™s his car if he wants to put mechanical brakes on it that is his choice to do so. Now can you give any useful info on how he can do it if not then, why are you here and why do we care! Your opinion about this project doesnā€™t really #@%#* matter; unless it is to help accomplish what he wants to do to ā€œHISā€ car. Even if it cost $2000.00 to do it. Itā€™s ā€œNOT YOUR PROJECTā€ it is his.

1 Like

Two TROLLā€™S sure can stir the pot real good hope they donā€™t attract another one.

4 Likes

I donā€™t see where the guy asks for any voice of reason anywhere so why are you speaking who are you and why should we care when we are ready for your opinion we will give it to you. Because evidently, you donā€™t know a thing about auto mechanics, fabrication, and/or customization.

1 Like

This rebel guy says heā€™s a mechanic . . .

And heā€™s upset that weā€™re NOT advising @puppykicker how to convert their car to mechanical brakes . . . ?!

I donā€™t understand his anger, either, for that matter :confounded:

3 Likes

i have also posted on how he could go about it but he will have to do a lot of fabrication to accomplish the task the guy didnā€™t ask for anyoneā€™s thoughts about what is a better system. I am a ā€œmechanicā€ and have been for years. I worked with a pit crew for 6 years funny cars, late model, open-wheel, and super stock. I hold 5 ASE certifications. I am a certified fiberoptic tech. and worked with Adasta, MCI, AT&T, Level3, Verizon, Broadwing, and Elpaso. Now, what are your credentials? [quote=ā€œdb4690, post:81, topic:166036, full:trueā€]
This rebel guy says heā€™s a mechanic . . .

And heā€™s upset that weā€™re NOT advising @puppykicker how to convert their car to mechanical brakes . . . ?!

I donā€™t understand his anger, either, for that matter :confounded:
[/quote]

1 Like

To put on something that doesnā€™t exist? And you think that is anything but nuts?

1 Like

see that is why your not a mechanic your a parts changer, there was a time when a combustion engine didnā€™t exist. the key word here is ā€œFABRICATIONā€ and there are parts he can get a hold of to start the process of Fabricating a mechanical system but hey donā€™t strain your mind trying to comprehend this they havenā€™t built a app for that yet.

1 Like

The pot is starting to brew up real good hope the smell donā€™t go too far.

LOL If you get shocked by anything I say then you obviously donā€™t know who I am