Body swap!

Go directly to Jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200

3 Likes

But, he apparently wants to spend $200k, or likely more.

1 Like

The thing is, I know it will work the way I describe! I jut need to know if there is someone other doing that. I just didn’t realize that there is only so many people on this blog. I need to find blog with millions of people

I’m new at this do you now another blog like this with millions of members??? thx

IwantwhatIwant.com

Thank You sir

http://www.automotiveforums.com/

Yep, true it’s not a new, Mustang chassis with independent rear suspension. But the chassis itself is modern.

No, it won’t. No way to do this without major $$. Can’t just slap '67 body panels on a 2021. Every panel will have to be modified, looking very different. Two big differences - the wheelbase and the vertical size of the body. Print out those diagrams you have posted to the same scale, trace the '67 panels, compare them to the 2021. They’ll all be very different.

3 Likes

I’d love to get a 67 Mustang GT500 done up that way using a new body shell so I don’t have to worry about messing up a possible numbers matching original 1967. Kinda sucks the only shell available for 67 is the fastback design, but I’d gladly use it.

Well, that got me thinking. How many notchbacks did Shelby produce? I think he only did one convertible. Majority were fastbacks.
Closest I ever got to Carroll Shelby was meeting some of his chili mix team near Willow Springs.

Now you’re wasting our time asking the same question.

3 Likes

As said before
anything is possible with enough time and money. Emphasis on money.

Personally
 I’d question the wisdom of taking a brand new 2020 car and making drastic changes to it for a 50+ year old car body. You do know that you’d be voiding your factory warranty, and probably chasing down a lot of “gremlins” over time, right?

3 Likes

@Mr_JC Enough allready ! 2 threads about the same thing and your chance of getting the answer you want here is almost Zero . Contact several Classic vehicle restorers and see if one wants to try this.

4 Likes

Ok I finally found something, but I think this is someone from Germany or Austria, but I think this is Camaro over Camaro. O and I’m not trying to waste anyone time I that this is the blog with people who really knows about cars! This blog come up first on google!!??

Quit making duplicate posts, one thread is fine.

@cdaquila - would you please combine these?

4 Likes

Ah, come on guys, quit shining Mr_JC on. Tell him the truth, it is possible but exceeding difficult. He just has to get Bumblebee to agree to this transformation. Easy Peasy, Right?

Bumblebee

3 Likes

It’s like the old speed shop answer to the question: How fast can I go, the answer to which is, How much do you want to spend. If you watch a show like Bitchin’ Rides or Overhaulin’ you will see that top shelf custom car shops can do just about any kind of sheet metal work you want. With modifications you could probably fit a 1967 Camaro body to 2000 Camaro underpinnings but the body will look a bit different. 1967 Camaro: 108.1 in wheelbase, 59 in front track, 58.9 in rear track; 2000 Camaro: 101.1 in wheelbase, 60.7 in front track, 60.6 in rear track. So you would, at minimum, need to reduce the length of the '67 body by about 7 inches and widen it about 1 inch. Then there are the differences in mounting points for the suspension and sub-frame components. At the end of the day, you’re talking 6 figure (at least) in modification. Hardly cost effective, but if you’ve got the money, it’s just a matter of how strong your desire is.

Thank You for your info.

No one knows nothing here, Just jokes really

Does that mean you know less than nothing?

5 Likes