Blower not working

I have a 1999 Kia Sephia with 133,000. The blower in my car is not working when I set the fan to any of the 4 fan settings. I can feel heat coming out of the vents since it has always let in a small amount of heat with the fan off.

Here is what I’ve done so far to diagnose this problem.

1- I checked the fuse, it is fine

2- I checked the blower relay with a multimeter that was fine as well.

3- I checked for continuity at the fan’s switch that was fine.

4- The blower was reading 12V when I tested it.

5- There was no voltage when I was testing the wires that were plugging into the Blower Resistor.

6- I took out the blower resistor and it looked pretty corroded, I checked the continuity for it and they all seemed fine except for low setting. I tried to clean it up with a cleaner, the continuity was spotty at best after that.

I figure I need to replace the blower resistor, and that might solve the problem; however, I think the problem is something else because whenever I hit a pothole or something, when the fan is on at any of the levels it will go on.

Any feedback that would help would be much appreciated, I did post this a while back, but I am putting this in a new thread because of how far back the original thread was.

"4- The blower was reading 12V when I tested it. "
If you had 12V on the blower motor and it wasn’t blowing, then your blower motor is defective. This is consistent with "whenever I hit a pothole or something, when the fan is on at any of the levels it will go on. "

All right, thanks, I’ll give that a shot and let you know what happens.