Bk44?

Is this stuff legitimate or a hoax? Does it work or not?

I meant BG44K. Does it work? Or is it a waste of money? Thanks!

I don’t know about BK44, never heard of it, but I do know that BG’s 44K does work, I use it religously every 6000 miles or every other oil change. I had a 1993 olds 88 that I used it in and it had over 200,000 miles on it when I sold it and it ran like a top. never a fuel or injector problem with it the entire time I owned it.

Chances are you wouldn’t have had a fuel injector problem if you HADN’T used the stuff either.

To the OP: Are you trying to solve a specific problem with your car? These additives can help if you are having a problem that can be solved by cleaning the fuel injectors but won’t help if the car has a different problem or is running right. A total waste of money in those cases.

Well I don’t have a problem. My 1998 Maxima has 135,000 miles on it and the car runs like the first day I got it. I was wondering if it may help if I used this stuff in my car or not.

Nope. Save your money.

Chances are you will never have a problem. The feds require additives in all fuel sold. For most all cars, that is all that is needed.

There are lots of people who use additional additives and few of them have any problems, of course very few people have any problems if they don’t use them. Keep in mind that most people who don’t have problems, don’t visit here and you never hear about them The ones you do hear from are those who have problems and those who have used the products and have not had problems.

In my opinion, if it is not baroque don’t fix it.

Does this type of “evidience” have a place? It certainly isn’t scientific.

Well I don’t have a problem. My 1998 Maxima has 135,000 miles on it and the car runs like the first day I got it. I was wondering if it may help if I used this stuff in my car or not.

What is there to help? If it runs like the first day you got it, and presumably it was running fine then, what would this miracle elixir do? Really, most of these additives and potions are harmless concoctions with good marketing targeted at wishful thinking.

I use it religously every 6000 miles or every other oil change. I had a 1993 olds 88 that I used it in and it had over 200,000 miles on it when I sold it and it ran like a top. never a fuel or injector problem with it the entire time I owned it

And so if I had a 1993 olds and never used any such product and got over 200,000 trouble free miles would that prove that it is a waste of money?

No I wouldn’t prove a thing. It would just show it is possible to achieve 200,000 trouble free miles without any additional chemicals.My question is what value should this type of experience be given? Are such reports good enough to make you start or stop a specfic action?What value are the “this is how it went for me testomonials” You know what is said about eyewittness evidence.

It’s a good product but a bit pricy. If the car runs fine then you don’t need it, or any other product for that matter.
If it ever gets to the point where you suspect there could be fuel contamination or “dirty injectors” (hardly ever the case) then just pick up a 6 dollar can of SeaFoam or Berryman B-12 at Wal Mart and accomplish the same thing.

If your car ever develops an injector problem worth worrying about it will let you know; the car will develop a slightly rough idle or occassional stumble at idle.

The last Mercury I owned was sold still running well at 420k miles with the original injectors in it and it pretty much got nothing to help the injectors along during that entire mileage span.

I have an '88 fuel injected Accord with 217K miles and the original injectors. I’m highly skeptical of most additives but once a year I put a bottle of Techron in the tank because I usually buy the cheapest gas I can find at independent stations. Maybe it doesn’t need it, but it makes me feel better.

I’m kinda torn between being pro-active on using Injector cleaners. I’m leaning more toward being proactive in PREVENTING a problem instead of waiting until a problem arises. If you wait until you have a problem then it may be too late. Adding injector cleaner every once I’m beginning to think is actually a good idea. A cars filter can only clean out so much. And some newer cars (like my pathfinder) the filter is inside the gas tank…so it doesn’t get changed that often.

Exactly! My point as well.