AWD light on but car is FWD

I bought a 2009 nissan rogue with a awd light on the previous owner told me they changed all the brake caliper, abs module, and brake booster but the car still acts like a caliper is stuck I checked and the right side front caliper gets tight(it’s new) the car frees up when you don’t press on the brakes for a while but when you pressed it again the car feels like it drags ;could they have put a wrong caliper or abs module?

Your car could be AWD, it was offered.

I would replace the brake hose on that corner. When they fail, it acts like a siezed caliper. But they will bleed the pressure off over time.

Don’t be cheap, if one failed, they are all due for replacement.

2 Likes

I checked the vin and it says it’s fwd and also I looked under and didn’t see a transfer case or differential. I’ll changed the hose thanks

2 Likes

One idea for the dashboard AWD warning light, a computer module was replaced at some point, and the replacement module was configured for an AWD version of the Rogue. Probably all of the dashboard consoles contain that warning light, just never turns on if FWD version. If so, that warning light can probably be fixed by reprogramming the module, may require a dealership shop.

My guess, the caliper problem is unrelated to the AWD dashboard light.

1 Like

Thanks! I wanted to know if maybe they were related too

Maybe you could take out the bulb for the AWD light?