Aveo spontaneous alarm

We have a 2006 Aveo LT. A few months ago, we started having a problem with the alarm and power door locks going off by themselves. Just had it checked at dealer service and could not find anything wrong with car or keys and could not duplicate problem. Now, of course, it is getting worse. It happens after driving and locks are set with remote. About 2-10 minutes later, the alarm will go off, sometimes once or twice, but as many as 6 times in a 1-2 hour period. Our neighbors are starting to love us even more. Also concerned about battery wearing down and tickets for noise disturbances. Any ideas.

I’m just trying to wrap my head around an Aveo actually having a car alarm. Did the alarm come factory equipped or is this one of those dreaded aftermarket add ons? I’m not trying to be facetious…I’m just trying to learn something here. My feeling is why do these things still exist? No one pays attention to them anymore and I don’t think they prevent any vehicle thefts.

Assuming this is a factory installed alarm, ask the dealer’s parts department for an “initialization procedure” for the alarm system. That’ll be the procedure they use to “set” the system when prepping the car after it’s delivered to them and before they deliver it to you.

Don’t bother asking the “service representative”, as he probably won’t have a clue what you’re asking.