Automobile gadget to use water as fuel?

Okay-- my brother-in-law is convinced this is the real deal. See: http://www…-fuel.com/

It is to sell a couple of manuals about running your car on water for fuel. One of the “kit” parts is a mason canning jar, for gosh sakes!

I think it’s just a hoax to get his $97 investment. Could this actually work?

I love it!
Ozzie Freedom, CEO!

Yup, it’s a real deal. Get you brother in law one for Christmas. Then watch the fun as he tries to get it to work.

And to think the auto manufacturers are spending millions in research! Wow, all that investment in MIT trained PhD mechanical and chemical engineers and they haven’t figured this out yet. I wonder why that is… Why, do you suppose?

Ozzie Freedom is filling up his Lexus with tier one premium gasoline with the money suckers like you are willing to send him…Good for Ozzie!

No. No way. You must be kidding. This is too stupid to qualify even as a sick joke.

That may be the funniest website I’ve ever read. I really like the “improved stainless steel” glass mason jar.

the city/highway MAP sensor “enchancement” is pretty good too.

As everyone else is saying, you do NOT need that gadget.

Just put the garden hose right in the tank.

The sad part is that X number of people, including allegedly well-educated professionals, will quickly send their money in for this worthless garbage.
It seems to me this scam about running an engine on water first surfaced back in the 20s or 30s with the guy who allegedly drove his car around a large lake after draining the gas and pouring in a gallon of water.

This stuff continues because Barnum was right, and I think the percentage of those people as compared to the total population is climbing. :slight_smile:

I’m skeptical. But it’s you BIL’s money. Don’t stand in his way. If he wants to spend a hundred bucks on this experiment, let him. Lots of important breakthroughs come from unheard-of sources. Tell us whether it works. Of course, we probably won’t believe you, either.

Believe it or not, this actually works, just one catch.

You have to drink 10 bottles of Vodka every night and pee in the jar first thing every morning.

If you want to see why scams like this are successful, look no further than this example here of an eBay seller passing off 3 cent bulk resistors in an envelope with a 1st class stamp as performance chips. The intent is to fool the intake air temp sensor and 97%+ of his buyers are perfectly happy they’ve been had. Pretty profitable little gimmick though, especially with the inflated shipping charge.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=dynamic_tuning&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us&iid=260163503453

Notice no pics of the item in question, promises the moon, etc. and yet, suckers line up by the hundreds. What does that tell you about the buying public? :wink:

It tells me that the buying public is stupid enough to give that guy almost $100,000 profit in 18 months.

A nice little earner if you like that kind of thing.

The unit shown in the pic is a vapor injector, and actually work on older cars and trucks. They were marketed under the name Octagane and are simple to build. I built one out of a half gal jug. Years ago bdfore fuel injection and computers the engines would ping under a heavy load when going up hills and such. This unit throws vapor into the engine that simulates a rainstorm condition when humidity is high. The unit uses a little detergent to make bubbles and works thru the PCV. When you stomp on the gas the vacuum goes down on an engine, and the unit pulls water vapors into the manifold. They don’t save fuel, but will smooth out an overloading engine. I never thought of using on on an engine with fuel injection or computers because they usually aren’t needed. LEE

As all have stated, I agree it’s a scam.

However, the theory behind water injection is valid. Water expands to 16 times its size when it turns to vapor from the heat inside the combustion chamber. That 16X expansion results in added ‘push’ on your pistons.

In WWII, bomber planes used to overload their planes with bombs. The only way the engines had enough power to get the plane off the ground was to use water injection down the runway and a short distance in the air. Then they’d cut the water. Continuous use of water is harmful to the engine (corrosive and difficult to meter correctly). Water injection has been widely used in racing engines for decades. (Although I feel like I’m preaching to the choir with this information).

There’s a big difference between the short term (high maintenance) water injection for bursts of power and gadget the OP is asking about. I always enjoy reading the replies that posts like this elicit.

Joe