Gas4free

I saw www.gas4free.com

They say you can incorease your miles per gallons easily by installing some equipment in your engine that will use water.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks

Bogus. This idea of HHO or Brown’s gas has been debunked for YEARS. It will only waste your money. Do a search on this forum for ‘HHO’ and ‘Brown’s gas’ for more info.

You already know it is worthless. Too bad there are many people who believe it is true because they really want it to be true, which is how con men make their money.

Total waste of money. Snake oil salesmen are alive and well. Unfortunately.

Its not entirely bunk…but the difference in gas savings are probably too small to notice. Water injection has been used for YEARS…primarily to prevent detonation…computer controls have eliminated detonation for the most part in forced induction and naturally aspirated engines…but back in the day before computers water injection had its place.

Here’s the brothers’ take on it:

http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/scams/

All I can think of is…

You’re right that water injection been used. This, however, isn’t water injection. Instead, it uses car’s electricity to split water into O2+H2, then routes that gas to the intake manifold.

This has been thoroughly tested, and found to be 100% BOGUS, and therefore a SCAM. It’s the same idea as a perpetual motion machine. Pure nonsense.

If you use that, along with the fuel line magnets, the turbulator air box spinner fan, the 2 cent resistor sold for $50 on ebay, AND the acetone trick, you’ll actually make your own fuel inside your car. Seriously, I started with an empty 37 gallon tank in an F250 with the petrol engine, and by the time I got out of my driveway, gasoline was spilling out of my fuel filler neck.

“Seriously, I started with an empty 37 gallon tank in an F250 with the petrol engine, and by the time I got out of my driveway, gasoline was spilling out of my fuel filler neck”.

Don’t let anyone smoke around your F-250 while it is making fuel.

No, that gas4free is bogus.

But if you feed all your kitchen scraps into your gas tank, they’ll compost and produce methane gas, which will definitely improve your mileage.

Also, a little sugar helps the bacteria to grow.

feeding the trolls are we…

I flagged this but it is still here…

I have it towed to gas stations and let it run for a few hours while I fill up their underground tanks

I think the responders here are being too harsh on the OP. He/she did have enough sense to suspect that this was hokum, and did find this site and ask the question. Give the her/him credit for recognizing his/her lack of knowledge and for willingness to learn.

Some very fine, intelligent people have zero tech knowledge. Last night, a dear friend – teacher of HS Latin and French – was thinking about the growing local interest in home generators. (We’ve had a lot of multi-day power outages.) She wanted to know how the generator made electricity, and how the electricity got into the house. Not “interaction of magnetic fields with moving conductors” how to make it, but “it burns natural gas, like a lawnmower burns gasoline.” And she did not realize that WIRES carry the electricity into the house.

OTOH, the creeps who peddle this stuff deserve all the harshness they get.

You are getting great mileage on your F250 by having it towed from gas station to gas station. You have a good thing going if the only place you want to go is to gas stations.

Different forms of knowledge can be a fascinating thing. I have met some very intelligent, highly educated people who know nothing about cars other than to put gas in the tank when it’s low and take it to a mechanic when the sticker says you need an oil change and buy whatever they say the car needs. I also know a guy who have no concept of grammar or anything else taught in schools, but he can assemble a good running, reliable vehicle from a yard full of parts in a day, and has been known to do so if he’s stuck in a bind and needs something to drive.

Running on water is bogus.

Mark9207,
This is the best complement about a car mechanic heard so far.

?I also know a guy who have no concept of grammar or anything else taught in schools, but he can assemble a good running, reliable vehicle from a yard full of parts in a day, and has been known to do so if he’s stuck in a bind and needs something to drive.?

In my humble opinion: A good mechanic is not the one who replaces a broken part, but the one who takes the old broken part and make is usable again.
Good car mechanic are created by necessity not by anything else.
Of course I am talking about emergency repairs not about hot rods or professional shops, etc.

There are engines that run on water. The water is superheated and turned to a vapor. These engines are called “steam engines”. Of course, it takes a source of energy to heat the water so that it becomes steam.

Back in the 1950’s there were advertisements in various publications for water injectors. Since water slows down the burning process, theoretically one could advance the timing with water injection and possibly get better mileage. There was a compact Oldsmobile that came out in 1962 that was turbocharged and had a water injection system (actually, I think it was a water/alcohol mix) that kept denotation from occuring under the boost of the turbocharger.

I do remember seeing that ads in the 1950’s that read “Burn Water Instead of Gas”. It was mostly bogus then, but old scams die hard.

“I think the responders here are being too harsh on the OP”

I don’t think that there is really an OP - at least not one that actually had a question. I firmly believe that this was a spam posting.

What was it they said about some of those old muscle cars?
“It’ll pass everything except a gas station!” :stuck_out_tongue: