Automatic door on 2005 Honda Odyssey won't close

The passenger-side automatic door on my 2005 odyssey will not close 75% of the time. It doesn’t matter if I use the button on the dash, the door handle, or the button on the fob. The door will start to close until it has about 6 inches left to go, and then the door will make a loud clunking sound and beep as it opens up again. I’ve tried turning the automatic switch off on the dashboard and shutting it manually, and it won’t close that way either. I can’t budge it. The only way I’ve been able to get it to close when it’s like this is by turning the car back on, putting it into drive, and then closing using the button on the dashboard. It will still start to open up, but I can get it to close by pushing the button again, although it jerks and closes very reluctantly. Any suggestions? Thanks

I came across this article, you could give it a try and see if it fixes the problem… If not I would take it into a shop that does that sorta work as its better to leave this stuff to professionals who know what they’re doing. http://www.houseofdiy.com/2014/11/honda-odyssey-side-door-wont-close.html?m=1

Sounds to me like either A) Something is in the door track, prompting the safety auto reverse feature, or B) Said sensor is going bad.