Audi A4 2005 a light came on looks like a car witha key

Hi, I have a Audi A4 and a light came on

that is a orange/red car with a key underneath. Someone please help me…what does this mean?

If you have the owner’s manual check it to see what it says. This symbol ususally means the “immobilizer” system is either set and operating, or perhaps has a fault.

The answer to your question can be found in the owner’s manual, along with lots of other useful information.

Hopefully, the OP has an Owner’s Manual. If the car was purchased as a used vehicle and it did not come with an Owner’s Manual, then you need to get one. A good source is e-bay. Believe me, there will be MANY other things that you need to know about this car, and the Owner’s Manual is the place to find most of that information.

Editorial Comment:
For the life of me, I just cannot figure out why so few people ever seem to utilize the reference source that sits a few feet away in their glove compartment.

As I have pondered previously–Since so many people seem to be reluctant to actually read their Owner’s Manual, exactly what do those people think is contained in an Owner’s Manual? Based on most of the questions submitted to this board, they apparently don’t think that it contains any information on controls, warning lights, maintenance, tire pressure, proper oil specification, how to change light bulbs, where the fuses are located, etc.

So, what do they think IS contained in that manual?