At higher speed

I kind of like the Marlin, somewhat anyway, as they vaguely resemble a '66 or '67 Dodge Charger. A local dealer here has a '67 Marlin in blue for sale; the version with vertical headlamps.
It’s been for sale for 2 years so I assume as per the usual he’s asking way over the actual value.

I’d be interested to see the back end view of the Marlin auto. Don’t think I’ve ever actually seen one of those on the road or if I have it has been so long I’ve forgotten and the picture of it looks totally new to me. Trying to decide if it is good looking, ugly, or merely distinctive. If anyone can post a photo of what the rear view looks like, I’d be curious to see. :slight_smile:

He’s inquiring about a problem running two stepper motors. When (s)he lowers the stepper resolution in the smart controller software (marlin), the issue goes away.

Not enough info provided to answer the question…if OP returns may be able to help sort out…

@TwinTurbo–You are probably on the right track, but that still leaves a few questions, namely…

Why would someone be posting that question in a forum named Car Talk.

Does he really own the Audi, the Kia, the Olds Aurora, and the mystery vehicle that needs new “gu cvs”?

and…

Why does he not return to answer questions that other forum members have asked in response to his…curious…questions?

@Marnet–The rear of the 1965 & 1966 Marlins looked like this:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=amc+marlin&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=C183646EC6BFF00A6BE7254DB160A48E88AA1634&selectedIndex=0

For the final year of production, AMC began to use the larger Ambassador chassis for the Marlin, thus leading to an altogether better-looking design. This was the one with the stacked front headlights:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b3/1967_AMC_Marlin_white_CZ.jpg

(Edited to correct second link. Sorry!)

Why would someone be posting that question in a forum named Car Talk.

It wouldn’t take long for any casual observer to peruse the postings and realize there is a wealth of expertise available by the diverse population of “regulars” offering advice on this site. It may not be as readily obvious that those type of non-car questions are discouraged on this site.

Does he really own the Audi, the Kia, the Olds Aurora, and the mystery vehicle that needs new “gu cvs”?

Perhaps better answered by the Psychic Hotline…

Why does he not return to answer questions that other forum members have asked in response to his…curious…questions?

I dabble in a lot of technical areas; electrical, mechanical, software, optical and so on but not in psychology. One of my brothers is a Psychologist, I would leave that for him to speculate upon.

Oh man, the rear looks even worse than the side view. I’m just trying to understand how any design team along with the marketing folks and CEO could ever think this would be a winning design? I will have to say though that the Ambassadors were quite comfortable cars if you could just ignore the exterior and just wanted a smooth riding quiet box to use out on the open road.

I actually like the looks, but I’ll be the first to state that you would have had to have been a part of the scene in that era to appreciate it. To me it represents an era when cars were created by stylists and designers rather than committees.

I remember the AMC Marlins and always thought they were a bit weird but not that ugly.

the same mountainbike I know what you’re speaking of. I have always thought the Mazda RX8 was designed by 3 different committees who never communicated with each other! To me the front, middle, and back look totally unrelated.

And then there’s the Aztek… oh, the poor aztek… what crimes must those committee members have committed to have been saddled with THAT legacy.
{:open_mouth:

I suspect if you were late to work 5 times in a month, you were banished to the Aztek team.

Tough love for sure.

As far as AMC, I always wondered what sort of psychotropic medications were put into the water cooler there that resulted in those…distinctive…designs. From quirky at best…to downright hideous…it seemed a requirement that any AMC car would make you look twice…and possibly lose your lunch!

Even retired, my gut burns when I see what politicians and political correctness are doing to the kids in some of our educational systems.
It's bad enough when you go through McD's or BK, your order comes to something like $6.97, and you hand them $7.02 and they can't figure it out, even with the register in front of them. Imagine what it'll be like if you did the same thing with the kids who have been trained in common core math....it'd take them 5 hours before they figured it out. I could rant and rave about CC for a while, and I don't even have kids.

It’s going to be hell when the youth of today are forced to take over when their parents die, because they’re now 50 and STILL living with mom and dad, and they never had to work a day in their lives because mommy and daddy gave them everything.
And what about the job market when the current batch of middle aged people retire and all that’s left are the kids who see the money they make, but don’t want to EARN their paycheck.

what crimes must those committee members have committed to have been saddled with THAT legacy.
Same with the people who designed the Juke. I'm sure if you looked hard enough, you could find those people in a photo of their previous life kicking a puppy or kitten while strangling a baby

In the pleasant back & forth discussion of AMC Marlins and such over the past 3 pages, I hope that nobody has lost sight of the reality that–once again–the OP posed a question that was…I’ll be kind…somewhat vague and ill-defined…and when asked for clarification, is AWOL.

My suspicions regarding the OP have been essentially confirmed, and I can only wonder what unique question bombs he will drop when he next visits.

The OP has posed that question on at least one other forum I’m aware of and did not provide any clarification there either.

Regarding the education system, or lack thereof, a few months ago I stopped at McDs late one night on the way home. Half the power was out along with the computers and drive up speaker.
My order was 2.18 and I handed over a 5 dollar bill. Time drug on and on and on which led me to shut the car and lighting off and grow increasingly frustrated. It was midnight, I’m in a hurry, and it’s 25 miles to the house…

After somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes I saw what the holdup was. The attendant could not do the math in her head and finally resorted to pencil and paper. When that failed she had to call the night shift manager up to sort that mind-boggling transaction out.

Pull forward please. Sure; another 10 minutes and finally got out of there leaving me to wonder how in the world that attendant ever managed to wade through a job application which is rountinely filled with ornerous numerical things such as birthdays and SS numbers.

Out of curiousity, I just googled some of the OP’s text. Surprisingly, I counted at least 10 car sites where he posted his same ill-worded nonsensical question.

I am running at higher speed settings only one of my motors runs.
When I lowered my steps per mm in marlin the issue went away.
Do you guys think it could be a current issue or a motor issue?

Thanks
MRO Supply

Yet, in other post, he contributes intelligent well-worded replies.

Perhaps mattmro444 is pulling over on us.

It may be ill-worded as you stated but it is not nonsensical to someone familiar with the topic.

Long ago I decided not to get too caught up in formalities and instead concentrate on helping solve the problem. If your personal crusade is to enforce proper grammer and sentence structure on people, all I can say is good luck in that endeavor!

TT, normally I’d agree, but if JoeMario is right, and I have no reason to doubt him, and the OP has posted the same gobbledygook on at least 10 sites, it leaves me highly suspicious.

I think I’ll take a “pass” on trying to help this poster. Something seems amiss.