2018 Chrysler Pacifica - Problems with stop start

Constant light on regarding the auto start stop, can not turn it off. Have replaced two batteries, they would not cover under warranty, and two weeks later had to replace one again, they covered that but had the vehicle for two days would not give me a loaner, i have 5 children. this is not acceptible. Now as I was coming home from dropping my preschoolers off, a light came on telling me to put the vehicle in park immediately, thank God I was turning in my driveway as I have my 6 month old and 1.5 year old in the vehicle. But now what ? It is the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica, and I am tired of all of these issues. Mine like many others has had the transmission issues etc. Where do I go now, I am afraid to drive the vehicle.

Sorry you are frustrated by your Pacifica ownership experience. A 5 year old vehicles isn’t going to be as reliable as a new vehicle, so some of what you are experiencing may be due to the vehicle’s age; in other words, to increase your ride’s reliability may require you to purchase a newer vehicle. If you decide to explore that route, post here and you’ll get some ideas how to improve your odds of buying a reliable car.

As for the current situation, you’ll get better help here if you provide some more information. What is the vehicle’s engine/transmission configuration? Some of that may be printed on a sticker under the hood. Why were two batteries replaced? What was the shop tech’s theory for that? When msg said to put car in P immediately, there should have been some stored diagnostic codes. Ask shop for those codes, and post them here.

If you don’t trust your shop and their techs, ask Chrysler owning friends, co-workers etc which shop they use. Then try a different shop.

Another idea. I own much older vehicles than yours, so I deal with vehicle-age-caused unreliability issues frequently. I own two of them, so if one is needing repairs, the other usually gets me where I’m going until the first one gets fixed.

Then fix the problem.

The car is out of warranty. So I’d suggest sending it to a well-rated independent shop to have it repaired. Rent a car (loaners are optional, not mandatory) while it is being repaired and trade it on another more reliable car (so not a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram or other FCA product).

Life is too short to fight with unreliable cars.

3 Likes

Where you go now is to a dealer of another brand and trade this one in on something else.

1 Like

Good info here, unfortunately OP probably isn’t seeing it.