Another vote for paintless dent removal

I somehow got a mystery bump on the front fender of my Acura. I had the paintless guy at a local body shop work on it. It really turned out perfect with no painting of filling. Cost me $150 for an hour and a half of work so cheaper than a lawyer. Same guy did some hail damage repair on my Pontiac a few years ago and really was a perfect job. So depending on the type and size of dent, if the paint is not damaged, and the guy is skilled, it can be a very good alternative to conventional body work. Not everyone is any good though so its important to work through a good shop so they can do the screening.

True, PDR is the preferred method of repair in the right instance. After all, factory paint is the best paint so don’t disturb it if possible.

I had an aluminum ladder blow over in the wind and crease the hood of a truck I was selling, the damage repair was acceptable, they buffed out the headlight lens scratch also, I do not recall the exact numbers but I am thinking at least $1500.00 SAVINGS.

Anyone had any experience with Dent Dr.? I just found them and wonder if they’re reputable, etc. I park my car away from cars and STILL find dents after coming back to the car. This has happened twice and I’m clueless as to how to keep this from happening.

There are any number of franchises but I think it depends on the individual technician. That’s why I think you should deal with a body shop that has already screened them.

Body Shops do not screen dentless repair as far as I know, A used car lot has a guy who does theirs, got the name, but just went to one around the corner from my house. Why would a body shop screen a guy who does work for basically pennies on the dollar?

Huh? $100 an hour is not pennies on the dollar. The body shop here that I use arranges for the PDR guy to come and works in his shop. Payment is made to the body shop. I suppose some dealers have a full time person but it used to be that the guys would go from one dealer to the next and set up shop when the work was there. The body shop handles everything such as insurance payments etc. same as if it were a conventional pound and paint job.

@‌barkydog Body Shops do not screen dentless repair as far as I know, A used car lot has a guy who does theirs, got the name, but just went to one around the corner from my house. Why would a body shop screen a guy who does work for basically pennies on the dollar?

Of course they do. Why wouldn’t they? If the PDR tech does not do it right then it means a return trip to correct it and that puts the vehicle behind schedule and increases turn around time. Also if a PDR tech scratches the paint then a paintless repair turns into a conventional repair. Repair, r&i trim, lamps, covers, etc and paint. A $90 repair turns into a few hundred.

Body shops typically use the same tech or company for pdr work. They build a good working relationship and that produces good results, if not then the shop boots them and finds a tech who can.