Annoiying video

…as did Vauxhall, and as did Isuzu (as pertains to non-commercial vehicles).
I respectfully submit that your sarcasm detector needs a major tune-up.

:laughing:

I’m getting a video ad for something or other at top of this page. I too have ad blocker. As I scroll down it goes away.

I get vdo’s on every page in the community section. And they seem to be causing the browser to constantly stall out and the browsing process cumbersome. I can usually get the browser to come out of its hibernation by clicking on the little tab at the bottom of the screen to minimize the window, then make it full again. It’s happening very bad today, I had to do what I just said 4 times in typing this paragraph. I wonder of the Car Talk IT staff could temporarily turn off all vdo’s in the community section, to see if that fixes the cumbersome surfing experience?

George, if I had to do something 4 times just to post here I will just quit and go sort my sock drawer,

This has come up before. Our ads come from a third party service, so I’ll see what’s up with the video ads. Sorry for the trouble it has caused some of you. If I need more info I will post back.

What threw me off is that Suzuki still has plenty of dealerships in this country.
…selling motorcycles. :wink:

And here’s my gripe.
It’s an ad for . .something ?
What ?
What the heck is NESN-fuel anyway ?
I know . .they want me to sucker in and go searching the net for that whatever .
Ain’t gonna happen.
If they want to advertise something, at least tell us what the heck it is they’re advertising.
What a waste of time and money to advertise . . nothing.

I solved my sock drawer problem by purchasing identical socks.

1 Like

NESN is New England Sports Network. Owned mostly by the Red Sox, and used to broadcast their games.

they are apparently trying a new market, automotive news, on the internet. Hence NESN_fuel.

sgtrock2113m VOLVO_V70
I solved my sock drawer problem

I do the same thing. Buy 10 pairs at a time.

Re the video, for me I have good news. Starting today, instead of the video, I get a black box stating “Flash out of date”.

Great!

PS, I can now drag-and-drop the graphic from my desktop directly to my message. Great!!

b

Be careful. Your browser might update your version of Flash without your input.

The thing about my sock drawer I’ve never been able to figure out, I have two pair of mismatched socks. Both are black/white. Now how could that happen I wonder :wink:

@cdaquila … fyi, for the second day in a row, this site continues to be basically unusable, at least out here in Calif. Slow disjointed scrolling and multiple complete browser crashes.

Well, I wouldn’t go quite that far, but I can say that the site is definitely MUCH more “buggy” and slower ever since that black box/video appeared.
Just typing this message was problematic, due to responses that were ridiculously delayed.

1 Like

@cdaquila … fyi, for the second day in a row, this site continues to be basically unusable, at least out here in Calif. Slow disjointed scrolling and multiple complete browser crashes.”

I concur…
…today, after many tries from morning until evening, I finally got the community to open.

I didn’t sort socks, but I did leave and play golf. As frustrating as golf can be it was more pleasant (sunny and 60 degrees) than the experience I had here with logging-on attempts.

I had no problem opening the Car Talk home page each time I tried, but not so with Community.
CSA

1 Like

No prob with the ad that does not play, but did you ever see the lone sock that escaped from the dryer and got killed while crossing the road/

Hi, @common_sense_answer and @GeorgeSanJose and @VDCdriver - as I said yesterday, I did pass on the issue to Doug to look into. I do see the ad up top and while I’m still able to use the site, I do see how it affects scrolling and performance. I regret the inconvenience and I hope we will be able to address it soon.

Now I am unable to post comments on some of the repair topics.

1 Like

Whitey13h
Be careful. Your browser might update your version of Flash without your input.

No, Apple doesn’t do that. And my browser is too old, no more updates to be done.

1 Like

@cdaquila … I’ve noticed much improvement on the sluggish IE browser problem today. For the efforts Doug and the Car Talk IT staff have done to solve this, thanks.

Note to others who’ve also had the sluggish/crashing browser problem on Car Talk Forums when running the IE browser. Try Mozilla instead if the problem returns. I discovered by accident the symptoms aren’t as noticeable w/the Mozilla browser.