Air Cabin Filter

How do I change the Air Cabin Filter on a 2002 Hyundai Accent

You open the owner’s manual and find the section that tells you how to do it.

If you don’t have an owner’s manual it is a good thing to find. Some companies make them available full text online. Sometimes you just need to scan the web for a copy. Often ignored they are actually vg sources of info.

In the meantime, I can’t tell you exactly, but a good guess is to pop open the glove box and look for a little door in the back of it. Pop open the door, pull out the old, slide in the new. But that’s just a guess.

When you find out how, the dark side (rugged side) goes toward the outlet and the light side goes toward the fan. They make it that way to prevent filter material from blowing into the cabin.

I would be surprised if the owner’s manual contained this procedure. In my Accord’s it says “have the filter replaced by your dealer.” Ha! A friend of mine and I did it in 20 min with a few screwdrivers and a little bit of cussing involved.

Honestly, I found a Youtube video, yes a Youtube video to be the most helpful. My shop manual has 10 year old black and white pictures and vaguely worded instructions. So try Youtube if your owner’s manual doesn’t explain it OR if you don’t want to plunk down $20 + tax on a shop manual.

update I just checked out Youtube myself and didn’t find any videos related to your car. Perhaps it’s easier to do in your car unlike my Accord which involves completely uninstalling the glovebox, thus an instructional video may not be required. Oh well, at least you have a plan B and C.