Adverts slowing the site

Those vdo’s are surely a persistent lot … they keep coming back … it’s almost like the Zombies in Night of the Living Dead … … lol …

Oh, jeez. Sorry, guys. Will pass it on.

I also use adblock+ and I have 25/25 speed so I don’t notice any display. Might need to upgrade my 9 year old Mac mini because Chrome no longer works with my 32 bit processor. Safari and Firefox still work but I can’t update them.

Their fix to stop the videos is NOT working.

Yes, I’m aware that it doesn’t seem to have blocked the videos. I’ve sent it on to Doug again, and I hope a more effective fix can be found. In the meantime, can anybody tell me what ads they’re seeing? (As the issues have arisen I’ve been asked to cite specifics when available.)

The ads I’m seeing are on pretty much all the pages to the very right of “Leave a Comment”. The ads are one right after another…first google…then Best buy…then Bose…on and on…

OK. Thanks, Mike.

Ya know I see the ads, part of life, some are videos, some are not. If the ads are what is required to keep this website going, fine, but my thought is if these ads are killing your experience, you either need to install an ad blocker or fine tune your browser. Step one look at add ons or extensions, add remove programs for browser helper programs, and check your connection and see what download and upload speeds you should have.

Hi. Doug says it’s a mystery why these video ads persist. The good news is we’re starting to test the new community later this week, and once the new site is launched I’m told you won’t be seeing these pesky videos. I haven’t seen them, so I can only ask your patience in the meantime.

They may be animated GIFs, not videos.

I haven’t seen a vdo on this site in a while, at least a couple of weeks. I’m wondering if the folks who are seeing vdos, those vdo’s could be inserted by a third party, like their internet service provider?

I’ve been clean for a week now… No videos.